Fusion-io Delivers Next-Generation ioMemory Module
Fusion-io, the pioneer of a new tier of flash-based memory (ioMemory), today announced the availability of its new ioMemory module. With support for the latest generation of MLC NAND Flash, 3X-nanometer (nm), Fusion-io is able to double the capacity of its family of products and achieve up to 1.28 terabytes (TB) of capacity from a single PCI Express card.
"We are at an inflection point in the industry where MLC technology has moved from consumer-grade products to datacenter systems, creating a much needed shift in the enterprise flash market to thinner, smaller, high capacity solutions with more than ample storage," said Joseph Unsworth, Research Director at Gartner.
Fusion's next-generation ioMemory module doubles the capacity of the company's PCI Express-based solutions. When used in concert with Fusion's newly released ioMemory Virtual Storage Layer (ioMemory VSL), the ioMemory technology delivers significant performance enhancements to achieve nearly 300,000 sustained IOPS and more efficient CPU utilization-to-work output than any other solution on the market.
Rather than impersonating a hard drive, Fusion's new ioMemory module offers an extension of the memory hierarchy for servers. Along with providing tighter integration with host systems and applications, the new ioMemory module also includes the following:
• Up to 1.28TB of capacity on a single PCI Express card
• Improved performance up to 285,000 sustained IOPS with under 25 microseconds commit latency
• Guarantees data integrity in the event of power loss
• No failure-prone batteries or super-capacitors needed to protect in-flight data
• Fusion's self-healing Flashback protection that offers Fusion's proprietary, RAID-like chip-level redundancy
• Sustained performance and endurance, even for applications that store compressed data
• Existing ioMemory deployments are field upgradable
"Demand for ioMemory continues to grow and Fusion-io, as the first vendor in the industry to deliver MLC-based solutions to the enterprise, is pushing the innovation envelope once again to achieve faster, higher capacity solutions," said Neil Carson, CTO of Fusion-io. "The 1.28TB ioDrive Duo is a direct response to customer requests for more capacity from a single device. Our ability to deliver continually greater performance density attests to our superior architecture's scalability without adding the complexity of embedded controllers, processors, and external power supplies."
Further Reading: Read and find more Storage press releases at our Storage PR index page.
Do you get our RSS feed? Get It!