OCZ Technology Announces Next Generation Ultra-Low and Extreme-Low Voltage DDR3 Memory Kits
New Solutions Offer Significant Power-Savings and Excellent Stability Without Sacrificing Performance on the Latest Platforms
SAN JOSE, Calif., Sept. 14, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- OCZ Technology Group, Inc. (Nasdaq:OCZ), a leading provider of high-performance solid-state drives (SSDs) and memory modules for computing devices and systems, unveils new Ultra-Low Voltage (ULV) and Extreme-Low Voltage (ELV) high-speed DDR3 desktop memory, providing the optimal balance of performance and power efficiency in one solution. Committed to staying ahead of the curve, OCZ is offering enthusiast-grade memory that complies with the latest JEDEC "DDR3L" low-voltage standards which ensures that system RAM runs cooler and more efficiently during intensive multi-tasking, gaming, and productivity applications.
"We are pleased to announce a complete range of low-voltage memory offerings designed for the latest crop of energy efficient platforms," said Eugene Chang, Vice President of Product Management. "In the past, lower voltage meant lower performance, but now with our extreme-low voltage optimized memory, consumers don't have to sacrifice high performance to also achieve energy savings."
Developed for next generation platforms, OCZ Platinum ELV solutions run at only 1.35 volts and are the choice counterparts for leading-edge performance and reliability, meeting the demand for high-speed memory to function farther below the upper voltage threshold of Intel(R) Core(TM) i3, i5, and i7 processors. With an ideal combination of speed and latency, OCZ Platinum ELV 6GB and 4GB memory kits are specifically designed and qualified on a range of motherboards supporting this low voltage feature.
In addition to ELV solutions, OCZ's new Reaper HPC (Heat Pipe Conduit) and Gold ULV memory operate at 1.5 volts for power savings over the maximum recommendation of 1.65V for the latest enthusiast and mainstream Intel platforms. Furthermore, Reaper and Gold ULV kits are available in high-density 12GB and 8GB configurations, supporting the latest memory-hungry applications and games with superior performance and maximum productivity, all while helping to maintain a cooler case environment.
OCZ DDR3 ELV and ULV triple-channel and dual-channel memory kits are available in PC3-12800 (1600MHz) and PC3-10666 (1333MHz) speed ratings, are 100% hand-tested for quality assurance, and feature propriety XTC (Xtreme Thermal Convection) and Reaper HPC heatspreaders for more effective heat dissipation. Furthermore, each OCZ module is backed by the OCZ Lifetime Warranty and industry-leading technical support for unparalleled peace of mind.
About OCZ Technology Group, Inc.
Founded in 2002, San Jose, CA-based OCZ Technology Group, Inc. ("OCZ"), is a leader in the design, manufacturing, and distribution of high performance and reliable Solid State Drives (SSDs) and premium computer components. OCZ has built on its expertise in high-speed memory to become a leader in the SSD market, a technology that competes with traditional rotating magnetic hard disk drives (HDDs). SSDs are faster, more reliable, generate less heat and use significantly less power than the HDDs used in the majority of computers today. In addition to SSD technology, OCZ also offers high performance components for computing devices and systems, including enterprise-class power management products as well as leading-edge computer gaming solutions. For more information, please visit: http://www.ocztechnology.com.
Latest News Posts
- ASUS hints dual camera in 1st official ZenFone 4 teaser
- Samsung reportedly decides on the Galaxy S9 screen size
- ASUS X399 ROG Zenith Extreme: ThreadRipper BEAST BOARD
- Intel CPU engineer leaves after 20 years
- Digital made up 80% of Ubisoft's first quarter sales
- Lian-Li DK02 Watercooling and dimensions
- ASUS X200 CA 1.0 should camera appear in system in control panel?
- How to upgrade the BIOS to GA-UD23-B3?
- Baby Driver Movie Review
- Asus laptop BIOS does not recognize UBCD-post page is grayed out - can't post
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4