Logitech Unveils New F540 Wireless Headset for Console Gamers
Today Logitech unveiled the Logitech Wireless Headset F540. Designed for console gamers, the Logitech Wireless Headset F540 lets you connect up to three audio devices -- including both your PS3 and Xbox 360 -- and delivers wireless stereo audio and voice chat without cords or tangles.
"We set out to build a great wireless headset for people who like to play at night, but need to keep it quiet so they don't disturb anyone trying to sleep," said Elliott Chin, Logitech's senior manager of product marketing for gaming. "The result is an amazing audio experience for console gamers, no matter when they like to play. The Logitech Wireless Headset F540 delivers superior sound coupled with voice chat and does it all without a single cable running between you and your console."
The Wireless Headset F540 includes a wireless base station with three analog inputs -- making it easy to connect up to three audio devices, including your game console, TV, DVD player, Logitech Squeezebox, MP3 player or other sources.
All the controls you need are right on the headset -- including independent voice and game volume levels, microphone mute, and an input selector that lets you switch between any connected audio source without leaving the couch. For your comfort and convenience, the noise-isolating, over-the-ear design and adjustable padded headband give you an immersive experience and a comfortable fit.
The Logitech Wireless Headset F540 uses 40-mm laser-tuned drivers to deliver detailed stereo sound. And the noise-canceling microphone means you can chat and be heard clearly in your favorite PS3 and Xbox 360 online games.
Logitech's 2.4 GHz digital wireless connectivity delivers gaming-grade wireless performance and frees you from living-room tangles. And there's no need to replace batteries -- the Logitech Wireless Headset F540 is rechargeable, delivering up to 10 hours of play time on a single charge. If you do run low on power, you can recharge while you play. (Actual battery life will vary with use, settings and environmental conditions. Rechargeable batteries have a limited number of charge cycles.)
Pricing and Availability
The Logitech Wireless Headset F540 is expected to be available in the U.S. in October 2010 and in Europe in November 2010 for a suggested retail price of $149.99 (U.S.). Please visit this page to learn more.
Latest News Posts
- Battlefield 1 has 21 million users, eSports mode coming
- Capcom misses sales targets for its major games
- Accept your Fate in our 'Fast & Furious' giveaway
- Battlegrounds creator doesn't consider himself a gamer
- EA: AR is 'more interesting', VR isn't ready just yet
- Logitech MK850 Performance Mouse & Keyboard Combo Review
- FSP Windale 6 CPU Cooler Review
- Fnatic Gear RUSH G1 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Asrock A88M-G/3.1 + A10-7860K = freezes in the idle state
- ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 Dual 3G: Mid-Range On The Cheap
- Toshiba introduces TR200 SATA retail SSD series with 64-layer 3D flash memory
- Need for Speed Payback takes cars from scrap to stock to supercar in new trailer
- Visbit releases Unity SDK and web VR player for its all-in-one VR streaming service, bringing high quality VR streaming to the masses
- GWENT Gamescom 2017 tournament announced
- Toshiba NVMe SSDs now available with Lenovo's new ThinkSystem and ThinkAgile servers