ATI Radeon¬ô HD5870 Eyefinity 6 Edition Graphics Card Wins Prestigious Popular Science 2010 Best of What's New Award
AMD Eyefinity Technology revolutionized the PC visual experience
SUNNYVALE, Calif. -11/17/2010
AMD (NYSE: AMD) today announced that the ATI Radeon¬ô HD 5870 Eyefinity 6 Edition graphics card, driving up to six monitors by way of the revolutionary AMD Eyefinity multi-display Technology, was selected as a 2010 winner of the Popular Science Best of What's New Award.
"The ATI Radeon¬ô HD 5870 Eyefinity 6 Edition graphics card opened the door to a new era in personal computing," said Matt Skynner, corporate vice president and general manager of AMD Graphics Division. "The ATI Radeon¬ô HD5870 Eyefinity 6 Edition allowed PC users to experience the ultimate panoramic computing experience. By bridging the innovation in ATI Eyefinity technology with broad ecosystem support, AMD enabled higher levels of productivity and created a more immersive gaming experience for PC users.
While most PC's require a second graphics card to drive more than two displays, AMD Eyefinity Technology marked a first for the graphics industry by enabling users to drive up to six monitors with a single graphics card. Additionally the six monitors can be configured as one single large surface or as multiple surfaces by creating groups of two or more monitors.
"For 23 years, Popular Science has honored the innovations that surprise and amaze us - those that make a positive impact on our world today and challenge our views of what's possible in the future." said Mark Jannot, Editor-in-Chief of Popular Science. "The Best of What's New Award is the magazine's top honor, and the winners - chosen from among thousands of entrants - represent the highest level of achievement in their fields."
This is another in a series of awards for AMD Eyefinity technology over the past year, including a Best of Innovations Award in the computer hardware category at CES 2010.
Since the launch of AMD Eyefinity Technology, the gaming and game development communities have embraced the immersive experience offered through multi-monitor gaming. AMD has continued to develop its End User Experience Program through AMD Eyefinity technology "Ready" and "Validated" guidelines. The AMD Eyefinity Validation and Ready testing process for hardware & software focuses on how end users utilize both hardware and software, and incorporates everything from signal integrity to engineering tests. With over 50 AMD Technology "ready" & "validated" game titles, and affordable AMD Eyefinity Active DP to SL-DVI adapters, multi-monitor gaming is fast becoming the preference among gamers and developers alike.
The ATI Radeon¬ô HD 5870 Eyefinity 6 graphics card six monitor support started a trend that has quickly waterfalled into even more affordable options in the AMD graphics family.1 The inclusion of two mini-DisplayPort 1.2 connectors in the newly launched AMD Radeon HD 6850 and HD 6870 graphics cards will allow up to three DisplayPort 1.2 monitors to run off each connector, meaning that these cards will have configurations of 3, 4, 5 and 6 display supports when monitors supporting DisplayPort 1.2 come to market next year.
Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE: AMD) is an innovative technology company dedicated to collaborating with customers and technology partners to ignite the next generation of computing and graphics solutions at work, home and play. For more information, visit http://www.amd.com.
Latest News Posts
- Digital made up 80% of Ubisoft's first quarter sales
- Console gamers to spend more on DLC than games in 2017
- GTA Online earned $1.09 billion, says analyst firm
- Microsoft earned $90 billion last fiscal year
- Xiaomi's upcoming phone to rock dual camera and MIUI 9
- How to upgrade the BIOS to GA-UD23-B3?
- Baby Driver Movie Review
- Asus laptop BIOS does not recognize UBCD-post page is grayed out - can't post
- Bloody AL90 Blazing Laser Gaming Mouse Review
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4