Opera speeds up Symbian browsing
Opera Mobile 10.1 for Nokia smartphones goes final
Oslo, Norway - November 24, 2010
Location, location, location... Also making its debut in Opera Mobile 10.1 is support for geolocation, which puts you and your mobile on the map. Geolocation enables web services such as maps and travel applications to recognize your location to provide you with customized, relevant content. Your privacy is in your hands, and you choose if and when Opera Mobile shares your position.
"Powerful smartphones deserve an equally powerful browser," said Lars Boilesen, CEO, Opera Software. "Opera Mobile 10.1 today brings the best mobile browsing experience to the world's most popular smartphone platform."
Here are more reasons to put Opera Mobile 10.1 in the driver's seat for your Symbian mobile browsing:
- Pioneering features from Opera - such as Speed Dial, tabbed browsing, Opera Link and password manager - reduce the time and typing required to navigate your favorite websites.
- When slow network speeds put the brakes on your browsing, gear up with Opera Turbo compression. Opera servers shrink webpages to as little as 20 percent of their original size, reducing your data costs and turbo-charging your browsing speed.
- Opera Mobile fine-tunes the look and feel of your browsing with kinetic scrolling, a virtual keyboard and auto-rotation to landscape.
Opera Mobile 10.1 is available for smartphones based on Symbian^3, and Symbian S60 3rd and 5th editions. Opera Mobile is free to download from m.opera.com. Read more about Opera Mobile at http://www.opera.com/mobile.
About Opera Software ASA
Opera Software ASA has redefined web browsing for PCs, mobile phones and other networked devices. Opera's cross-platform web-browser technology is renowned for its performance, standards compliance and small size, while giving users a faster, safer and more dynamic online experience. Opera Software is headquartered in Oslo, Norway, with offices around the world. The company is listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol OPERA. Learn more about Opera at http://www.opera.com/.
Latest News Posts
- GTA V tops June console earnings with new monthly high
- Nintendo Switch hits 4.7 million install base
- Huawei launches overpriced Porsche Design Watch 2
- Xiaomi's Mi 5X offers dual camera at an affordable price
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds gets temporary paid crates
- Toshiba XG5 1TB OEM M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Toshiba N300 8TB High-Reliability HDD Review
- Alphacool Eiswand External CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- Team T-Force Night Hawk RGB DDR4-3000 RAM Kit Review
- Phanteks Evolv Shift SFF Chassis Review
- Need for Speed Payback takes cars from scrap to stock to supercar in new trailer
- Visbit releases Unity SDK and web VR player for its all-in-one VR streaming service, bringing high quality VR streaming to the masses
- GWENT Gamescom 2017 tournament announced
- Toshiba NVMe SSDs now available with Lenovo's new ThinkSystem and ThinkAgile servers
- Mafia III: Sign of the Times DLC now available