Plextor Launch Super-Speedy 12X External Blu-ray Writer
Plextor have expanded their high-performance optical storage portfolio with the addition of the PX-LB950UE - their first external Blu-ray Writer. The PX-LB950UE boasts a combination of an incredibly fast 12x writing speed with USB 3.0 technology, advanced software applications and a stylish external chassis designed to offer reliability, accuracy and low noise.
Every facet of the PX-B950UE has been designed to provide home and business users with a high performance, easy to use and versatile solution for backing-up large quantities of data or enjoying their favourite Blu-ray movies. The PX-LB950UE is available across the UK and Europe from February at an RRP of approximately £179.
Exceptionally fast 12x Blu-ray Writing Speed
Portable and Stylish External Design
USB 3.0 for faster data transfers
Advanced Software including PlexUtilities
LightScribe disc labelling technology
2 year on-site warranty
High speed and high capacity for the most convenient archiving solution:
With an incredibly fast recording speed of 12x, the PX-LB950UE writer makes use of super-speedy USB 3.0 and eSATA connections to optimise the transfer times when writing and playing-back data - and maintains compatibility with older USB 2.0 systems for full versatility.
The PX-LB950UE is a perfect solution for home and business users who want to back-up large quantities of data without the hassle of waiting around. Double-Layer Blu-Ray media allows up to 50GB of storage per disc - that's the equivalent of 10 DVDs, 72 CDs or over 9 hours of HD video.
Thoughtful external design offers portability, accuracy and reliability:
The PX-LB950UE is usefully packed inside a portable and stylish external casing. Its design not only looks the part in a high-gloss piano black, but has been constructed to ensure maximum reliability and accuracy whilst using the drive.
The external chassis channels airflow to keep the drive cooler and extending its lifetime and reliability. A low vibration system and high 8MB buffer ensures greater accuracy at higher writing speeds, whilst the low noise output leads to smooth Blu-ray playback for uninterrupted movie enjoyment.
These top features combine to bring users a full movie experience on any suitable PC, including superb surround sound, mind-blowing HD quality and fluid visuals.
High performance software for effortless back-ups:
The PX-LB950UE is bundled with the advanced CyberLink Blu-Ray and DVD Playback software and recording applications, including 3D compatibility.
PlexUtilities software is also included with the drive, which offers a comprehensive and user-friendly selection of tools to assist users to test, tune and view information about the drive and writing performance.
LightScribe adds a professional finishing touch:
Lightscribe is an innovative technology that uses the laser in compatible drives to'draw' high quality images on the top of specially produced discs. It provides the ultimate professional finish and makes creased labels and smudged pen a thing of
Exceptional warranty terms offer complete peace of mind:
Unlike many others of its kind, the PX-LB950UE offers an added level of reassurance with the Plextor 'Fast Warranty Service' - a 2 year on-site warranty across the EU, Norway and Switzerland (1 year elsewhere) - so users can feel secure in the knowledge that their must-have device is covered for longer.
Latest News Posts
- Bethesda sale: $13 Doom, cheap ESO and more
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds continues titanic growth
- Next-gen Hololens to have custom AI chip
- The OnePlus 5 8GB now available for immediate dispatch
- Microsoft Paint killed off with new Creators Update
- Comic-Con 2017 trailer round-up: MCU vs DCEU vs the rest
- graphics card not detected via riser cable
- Maximum ratio (x39) with 4,06GHz for i7 4770 on GA Z87X-UD3H?
- Supermicro SuperO Booster Software Guide
- How to make one network using 2 routers
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4