Super Talent Technology, a leading manufacturer of NAND flash storage solutions, today announced the Storage POD Mini, a portable SSD that will change how you think about external storage.
External hard disk drives have made it easy to back-up important data and move data from one machine to another but its performance was limited and always slower than an internal hard drive. Thanks to USB 3.0 and SSD technologies, it is now possible to create a USB storage solution that is smaller, lighter and more rugged than a traditional HDD. A blue anodized, all-aluminum enclosure enables this drive to be both lightweight and rugged yet measure a mere 110 x 68 x 10 mm (roughly the same size as an internal 2.5" HDD; without the enclosure) It fits easily in your pocket and requires no power adapter. It's the perfect travelling companion.
And, check your preconceived notions at the door because this little SSD really performs. External storage is now your primary storage. No longer relegated for just backup, this little pocket-SSD is perfect for rendering video, animations and photography. It's primary storage that is more productive and portable. Featuring a SandForce SSD processor, this solid state drive offers durability, reliability and performance beyond anything you've ever seen from a hard disk. Its top speed reaches over 260MB/s, but where this design really shines is in the real world performance. Its on-board processor is able to dramatically accelerate real world performance by compressing your data, in real-time, as it writes and decompressing data as it reads. Your data now uses less space and transfers more efficiently than ever. Backing up your system now takes a fraction of the time it would take on rotating media.
Fully backward compatible to USB 2.0, the Storage POD Mini is also packed with many new features. This drive has a One-Touch Backup button that launches a backup routine that can support numerous machines. Just push the backup button and it will begin to back up all your pre-determined data areas at writes speeds of up to 174MB/s. And the Storage POD Mini also has a Read/Write switch to protect your data from unintentional writes, similar to an SD card.
Available in 60GB, 120GB and 240GB capacities, the Storage POD Mini is now shipping.
Latest News Posts
- AMD shares rise 8% riding Ryzen and GPU excitement
- USB 3.2 announced, packs double the bandwidth of USB 3.1
- India bans autonomous cars to protect against job losses
- Colorful iGame GTX 1080 Ti Kudan rocks MASSIVE cooler
- EVGA announces $999 price on GeForce GTX 1080 Ti K|NGP|N
- Alphacool Eiswand External CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- Team T-Force Night Hawk RGB DDR4-3000 RAM Kit Review
- Phanteks Evolv Shift SFF Chassis Review
- GIGABYTE X299 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- Comic-Con 2017 trailer round-up: MCU vs DCEU vs the rest
- ADATA Debuts XPG SPECTRIX D40 RGB DDR4 RAM
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology