Buffalo Launches New LinkStation Pro NAS, Gives iPhone Users More Access to Content
Buffalo Technology, a global leader in the design, development and manufacturing of wired and wireless networking, storage and memory solutions today announced the new, fully redesigned LinkStation Pro. As the answer to all your storage and sharing needs, this high performance NAS device allows iPhone owners to access their photos, videos, files, etc., via Buffalo's unique Web Access 2.0 feature. Web Access allows users to access data via a web browser from any computer.
As the latest addition to the award-winning LinkStation line of consumer NAS devices, the new LinkStation Pro comes equipped with a new, stylish chassis and faster processor for quick and easy file transfers and backups. With Web Access 2.0, iPhone users can conveniently download content stored on their home or office LinkStation Pro right to their iPhone, anytime, anywhere.
"As a leader in the NAS market, we are constantly reaching new heights both in performance and design," said Ken Higgins, vice president of sales at Buffalo Technology. "The LinkStation Pro is the epitome of our efforts, an all-around sleek and functional solution to fit all your network storage needs."
In addition to the most recent changes, the LinkStation Pro includes all the optimal features of its predecessor including two USB 2.0 ports, so users can attach a USB hard drive for additional storage, or two or more LinkStation Pro devices can be added to backup each other over the network. It also includes Active Directory Support and simplifies file backup and sharing with an easy setup without the need for drivers. Users can also control access to their content by setting group and user level security. Other features include Gigabit JumboFrame support and an auto-sensing 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet port. Buffalo's LinkStation Pro is Windows and Macintosh compatible. The product offers minimal power consumption with its ability to automatically power on or off. For additional data protection, the LinkStation Pro includes Memeo AutoBackup software for Windows. It includes a Heat Sink chassis for cooling, which is ideal for stacking and space saving.
Pricing and Availability
The new LinkStation Pro is backed by a limited one-year warranty that includes toll-free 24/7 technical support and will be available in January at estimated street prices of $209.99 for the 500GB (LS-XH500L) and $299.99 for the 1TB (LS-XH1.0TL).
Latest News Posts
- ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Extreme announced, ready for Ryzen
- Terminator 2 on 4K Blu-ray includes T-800 arm replicate
- Intel's new 12C/24T CPU: slower clocks than ThreadRipper
- ARCTIC's Liquid Freezer: ready for Ryzen ThreadRipper
- AMD compares Radeon RX Vega to GTX 1080 in Battlefield 1
- ASRock X299 Taichi Motherboard Review
- Transcend ESD220C 120GB Portable SSD Review
- Need help getting backup bios to work z77 d3h
- AMD hits Intel where it hurts with Ryzen ThreadRipper
- Lexar JumpDrive Tough 64GB USB 3.1 Flash Drive Review
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4
- MSI releases special motherboard BIOSes for Crypto-currency Mining
- Qualcomm files patent infringement complaints against Apple with International Trade Commission and Federal Court