Samsung Launches the Super-Thin LED P2370L Monitor
Samsung Electronics America Inc., a subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Corporation, the number one monitor brand in the world, announced today the addition of a super-thin LED monitor to its "Touch of Color" (ToC) family - the P2370L. This new high-end, model has a Light Emitting Diode Back Light Unit (LED BLU), instead of the cold cathode fluorescent lamps (CCFL) found in standard LCD displays, and reproduces more vibrant color and higher contrast ratios than other monitors. With its sophistication-meets-high technology form factor, the P2370L display will ship in late first quarter with an MSRP of $399.
The monitor's ToC design technology has an ultra-thin wrapper of just 16.5mm (0.65-inches) and is a great fit for any home or office environment, helping to maximize desktop real estate and minimize its physical and carbon footprint reduced. Key eco-friendly benefits of the P2370L model include LED fluorescent lamps that do not contain harmful elements such as mercury or lead, consumption of 30% less energy and a longer life than a standard CCFL backlit unit. In addition, the ToC manufacturing process eliminates harmful paints and sprays to enhance the recyclability of the entire monitor.
"As one would expect from Samsung, the P2370L represents the pinnacle of premium display craftsmanship as a high-end monitor that is sophisticated in not only appearance, but in the quality and performance it offers and in how it impacts the environment," said R.A Atanus, Vice President of Product Marketing at Samsung Electronics' Information Technology Division. "This monitor is truly a leadership product that will further solidify Samsung's position as the foremost authority in the design, engineering and performance of displays worldwide."
The P2370L uses white LEDs and has a ultra-high contrast ratio of 2M:1. The monitor also has an ultra fast 2ms (GTG) video response time and offers a 1080p full-HD experience.
The P2370L display's transparent, crystal-like, bezel frame has blue gradation that gives it a glass-like appearance, and helps to reduce the reflection of light to decrease glare. The model also has a unique glass stand neck that gives the illusion that the monitor is floating. It is also equipped with Samsung's dual-injection technology that lends it a smooth, finished appearance without any screws or joints.
The P2370L is designed so that there are no obtrusive buttons on the front or sides on the panel. Instead, each display features Samsung's unique Startlight Touch Controls which integrate the On Screen Display (OSD) buttons into the bezel for a seamless look and feel.
P2370L LED BLU Monitor
- White LEDs
- Ultra-thin, 16.5mm design
- Ultra-high contrast ratio of 2M:1
- Ultra fast 2ms (GTG) video response time
- DVI-I Input
- Offers a 1080p full-HD experience
- Touch of Color" (ToC) technology
- Crystal-like bezel frame to help reduce glare
- Swivel stand for optimal screen positioning
- Starlight Touch Controls
Latest News Posts
- GTA 6 motion capture possibly underway
- Musk shows The Boring Company's 1st working car elevator
- Toshiba brings 64-layer 3D flash to retail SATA SSDs
- Apple will make its own OLED screens for 2018 iPhones
- Huawei Kirin 970 goes into mass production in September
- AMD Ryzen 3 1300X and Ryzen 3 1200 CPU Review
- Lian-Li PC-O5SW...Watercooling and dimensions
- Toshiba XG5 1TB OEM M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Toshiba N300 8TB High-Reliability HDD Review
- Alphacool Eiswand External CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- Toshiba introduces TR200 SATA retail SSD series with 64-layer 3D flash memory
- Need for Speed Payback takes cars from scrap to stock to supercar in new trailer
- Visbit releases Unity SDK and web VR player for its all-in-one VR streaming service, bringing high quality VR streaming to the masses
- GWENT Gamescom 2017 tournament announced
- Toshiba NVMe SSDs now available with Lenovo's new ThinkSystem and ThinkAgile servers