Vuzix iWear® AV310 Widescreen is Now Shipping Globally
World's first widescreen personal media viewer has a 16:9 aspect ratio, 3D capabilities and independent focal adjustment all in a sub-$250 price point
Rochester, NY - February 19, 2009 - Vuzix Corporation is excited to announce the widespread retail availability of the iWear® AV310 Widescreen. The AV310 projects a virtual 52' screen from 9-feet and will run for five full hours on a single AA battery. Additionally, the AV310 offers independent focus adjustment and an adjustable nosepiece and earphones for unmatched long term comfort. Users can also expect improved compatibility, as the AV310 is compatible with all NTSC or PAL devices with a video output.
"We are certainly sensitive to the economic climate and have redirected research and development efforts to accommodate budgetary constraints," said Vuzix CEO Paul Travers. "The iWear® AV310 Widescreen provides state-of-the-art technology at a price point far below anything our competition has to offer," added Travers.
Compatible devices include:
All iPod models
Portable media players
Cellular phones with video output
The AV310's high quality features include:
Virtual 52' screen viewed from 9-feet
Full 16:9 Widescreen Aspect Ratio
Independent +2 to -5 diopter focus, providing individual adjustment for each eye
Twin high-resolution LCD displays
"Vuzix' 3D" watermark compliant
Removable and comfort fit earbuds
Adjustable, hypoallergenic nosepiece
AccuTilt viewer with 15 degrees of tilt adjustment
Up to 5 hours of battery life on one AA battery
On screen display settings control
For use with or without eyeglasses
This first-ever consumer personal media viewer with a true widescreen 16:9 aspect ratio had its production increased due to capturing higher than expected market share. Company executives attribute the proportionately higher sales to due the products unique combination of high tech features and compelling affordability. Additionally, Vuzix Corporation was able to strengthen current retail distribution relationships while developing new partnerships at the 2009 Consumer Electronics Show.
The AV310 will be available at Brookstone, SkyMall, MicroCenter, Hammacher Schlemmer and Vuzix.com.
For specific product information, please visit http://www.vuzix.com/iwear/.
For more information about Vuzix Corporation, please visit http://www.vuzix.com.
About Vuzix Corporation.
Vuzix Corporation manufactures personal display devices for the entertainment, defense and medical markets. Vuzix products provide users with a portable and private big screen experience that delivers big screen mobile entertainment in the consumer markets, low vision assist in the medical markets and tactical information in the defense markets. The company is revolutionizing the mobile display industry and aims to continue to create products that enrich the lives of its customers.
Vuzix has won six CES Innovations Awards since 2005, the 2008 RetailVision Best New Product - Hardware Award, the awards for the 2006 Frost & Sullivan Technology Innovation of the Year Award for European Mobile & Wireless services and has been named the 12th fastest growing privately held company in Rochester, NY by the Rochester Democrat & Chronicle and awarded one of Inc. 500 magazines' fastest 5000 companies. Founded in 1997, Vuzix is a privately held company with offices in Rochester, NY, London, UK and Tokyo, Japan. For more information, please visit: http://www.vuzix.com.
Latest News Posts
- AMD shares rise 8% riding Ryzen and GPU excitement
- USB 3.2 announced, packs double the bandwidth of USB 3.1
- India bans autonomous cars to protect against job losses
- Colorful iGame GTX 1080 Ti Kudan rocks MASSIVE cooler
- EVGA announces $999 price on GeForce GTX 1080 Ti K|NGP|N
- Alphacool Eiswand External CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- Team T-Force Night Hawk RGB DDR4-3000 RAM Kit Review
- Phanteks Evolv Shift SFF Chassis Review
- GIGABYTE X299 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- Comic-Con 2017 trailer round-up: MCU vs DCEU vs the rest
- ADATA Debuts XPG SPECTRIX D40 RGB DDR4 RAM
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology