It's no secret that Intel's Core 2 platform is the hottest thing since the Beatles, and companies are lining up to make chipsets for this king of the desktop processors. SiS has already got chips available, Intel has as always had its own platform chips and even AMD/ATI has its Crossfire 3200 Intel Edition. Although, in our opinion the best player in the performance and enthusiast chipset realm is nVidia.
nVidia's nForce 680i chipset solution is definitely no slouch when it comes to performance, overclocking and its rich array of onboard features thanks to a no holds barred philosophy from nVidia - if something is worth doing, it's worth doing right.
680i has already proved to be a highly powerful chip that has the cornerstone of the dual graphics card market thanks to SLI, and with its emphasis of enthusiast level performance, overclocking is usually extremely impressive.
Gigabyte in true form has taken up this new chipset as part of their Dual Quad series. And while the Taiwanese motherboard group has been much slower to release their 680i product, they've finally done it and we quite interested to find out if the wait has been worth it or not.
Labelled the N680SLI-DQ6, we can only expect the best, as only the best and brightest get the DQ6 naming treatment from Gigabyte. Let's see if the impressive DQ6 line of motherboards continues as we shoot for the highest ever FSB overclock ever recorded in our labs.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD's new 17.7.2 drivers include Enhanced Sync, and more
- HTC Standalone VR headset launches in China
- GTA V tops June console earnings with new monthly high
- Nintendo Switch hits 4.7 million install base
- Huawei launches overpriced Porsche Design Watch 2
- Lian-Li PC-O5SW...Watercooling and dimensions
- Toshiba XG5 1TB OEM M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Toshiba N300 8TB High-Reliability HDD Review
- Alphacool Eiswand External CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- Team T-Force Night Hawk RGB DDR4-3000 RAM Kit Review
- Need for Speed Payback takes cars from scrap to stock to supercar in new trailer
- Visbit releases Unity SDK and web VR player for its all-in-one VR streaming service, bringing high quality VR streaming to the masses
- GWENT Gamescom 2017 tournament announced
- Toshiba NVMe SSDs now available with Lenovo's new ThinkSystem and ThinkAgile servers
- Mafia III: Sign of the Times DLC now available