Core 2 is the ever evolving platform for Intel. While the Pentium name does still sit on the shop shelves, Pentium 4 processors are avoided like a Paris Hilton TV special - we have seen all their goodies, and they do not impress us. Core 2 has made Intel popular again, gone are the days of Athlon dominance, now AMD has to work on something new, which they have not been doing as of late, falling behind in just about everything they do.
Chipsets for the Core 2 are coming out hard and fast now - Intel has five of their own, nVidia has four, ATI/AMD has even got one for it, while VIA and SiS do have chipset to support Core 2, we haven't seen much from them. Intel's next generation chipset is now ready for launch at Computex 2007 early next month, codenamed P35 Bearlake we got our first look at this chipset a little while ago in our exclusive performance preview back in March.
Now motherboards based on Intel's P35 chipset are hitting shop shelves in Taiwan and other places around the world, we are able to start testing and providing reviews.
Today we have been given the first of what we hope to be many retail boards based on the Bearlake P35 chipset. It is set to replace the Intel P965 chip as the mid-range monster with some updated features and specs such as support for upcoming 45nm Wolfdale and Yorkfield processors, PCI Express 2.0, updated ICH9 Southbridge as well as support for DDR-3 memory.
MSI are first up with their P35 Platinum motherboard based on the P35 with ICH9R Southbridge with DDR-2 memory support. Let us see how it stacks up against P956 which is what it is intended to replace.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Essential phone to be more than a month late
- Intel accuses Qualcomm of monopolistic behavior
- New Note8 leak shows awkwardly placed fingerprint sensor
- Samsung Galaxy S8 officially discounted by up to $300
- Qualcomm's Snapdragon 836 will debut with the Pixel 2
- Bloody AL90 Blazing Laser Gaming Mouse Review
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3600 32GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock X299 Taichi Motherboard Review
- Transcend ESD220C 120GB Portable SSD Review
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4