There is no doubt that AMD's ATI Radeon HD 2900 XT got off to a bit of a rocky start.
The initial drivers were nothing to get excited about and made the performance overall look pretty ordinary. The biggest problem though is that it seems most people have already made up their minds - I will not lie to you, I had. I honestly saw the initial test results and thought the card was a joke considering how long we had been waiting for it.
The good news is that ATI are really on the ball when it comes to drivers. It has been like this for a few years now and it only took a new set of drivers to really make the HD 2900 XT something worth having as far as we are concerned.
People all over the world now are recommending the HD 2900 XT over the 8800GTS 640MB and we are about to investigate why.
Let us have a look at what exactly MSI bring to the party this time around before we dive into our test system setup and check out some real numbers and see is the HD 2900 XT worth talking about? In this review, we also introduce our first batch of new testing including temperature readings, sound levels and also power consumption!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Digital made up 80% of Ubisoft's first quarter sales
- Console gamers to spend more on DLC than games in 2017
- GTA Online earned $1.09 billion, says analyst firm
- Microsoft earned $90 billion last fiscal year
- Xiaomi's upcoming phone to rock dual camera and MIUI 9
- How to upgrade the BIOS to GA-UD23-B3?
- Baby Driver Movie Review
- Asus laptop BIOS does not recognize UBCD-post page is grayed out - can't post
- Bloody AL90 Blazing Laser Gaming Mouse Review
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4