Has there ever been a time where you have forgotten a password to a compressed file? And the fuss that follows? Well, I was recently invited to review a product from the Russian company ElcomSoft , which specialises in password recovery solutions. Their latest product in recovering ZIP, RAR, ACE and ARJ passwords is Advanced Archive Password Recovery (ARCHPR), now in its second version. How does this product perform? Let's find out!
After establishing contact with ElcomSoft, they sent me a serial to activate the full registered version of the program. This is a simple matter of cutting and pasting the serial in, not very complicated at all. Here's a look at the program interface:
I tested an earlier version of ARCHPR a few years ago, and this was rather tricky to use, because it was run from the command prompt. This version features a very slick and easy-to-use interface, and is quite stable as well (no crashes occurred). It quickly occurred to me "maybe crackers could use this to maliciously hack encrypted files?" But after investigating further, this would have to be a rather small problem, as you will see later.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sharp to launch new high-end TV brand in US
- Musk says Zuckerberg has limited understanding of AI
- New iPhone 8 leaked renders allegedly show final design
- Note8 to have better optical zoom than iPhone 7?
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 explodes and catches fire
- Team T-Force Night Hawk RGB DDR4-3000 RAM Kit Review
- Phanteks Evolv Shift SFF Chassis Review
- GIGABYTE X299 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- Comic-Con 2017 trailer round-up: MCU vs DCEU vs the rest
- graphics card not detected via riser cable
- ADATA Debuts XPG SPECTRIX D40 RGB DDR4 RAM
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology