Today's adventure takes us back once again to NVIDIA, which seems to be getting a lot of press lately. The introduction of the GTX200 Series GPU has brought NVIDIA new fame with impressive scores. And with the option of SLI, NVIDIA has another ace up its sleeve; the only chipsets to support it.
NVIDIA has held back licensing of SLI compatible chipsets from its competitors; namely Intel and AMD, especially since AMD now owns ATI Graphics. To this end, if you want an SLI setup, you either have to get an NVIDIA based chipset or get one of NVIDIA's GX2 graphics cards.
Today we have been sent XFX's version of the 790i Ultra SLI based motherboard. Just about all of NVIDIA's graphics partners are now making motherboards based on these chipsets in order to get good pricing on the graphics chips. How well will the XFX board perform? Let's take a look and see.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- $32 million of Ethereum stolen by hackers
- Fake AMD Ryzen CPUs have been sent by Amazon
- Avast acquires CCleaner and Speeccy developer Piriform
- Ubisoft hints AC Origins' RPG elements will be monetized
- Google Pixel XL 2 looks amazing in the new concept video
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3600 32GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock X299 Taichi Motherboard Review
- Transcend ESD220C 120GB Portable SSD Review
- Need help getting backup bios to work z77 d3h
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4