OCZ is a company that has joined the gaming peripherals bandwagon only in recent times, launching a slew of products such as the OCZ Dominatrix Mouse.
Now they have decided that anybody can release a mouse and keyboard and instead their top engineers have come up with a completely revolutionary input device - the Neural impulse Actuator (or NIA for short).
By harnessing the power of your facial muscles, you can substitute keyboard and joystick controls in-game and free up your left hand for other key combinations.
The device itself is designed to be used in conjunction with a mouse when playing FPS or RPGs in order to take advantage of what OCZ describe as "reflex-based game play" which can enhance your performance by up to 50%.
In the box we get drivers, a cable, the headband and signal filter box, all packaged neatly in foam to prevent damage which really reflects the quality of the device along with the one piece black anodised aluminium filter box.
The filter box itself is powered from the USB port and doesn't involve any excessive cabling, which is a nice touch seeing as most electronics are 5volts as standard. The headband is a black rubber affair, with nanofiber based electrodes that sit snug against the skin to measure your bio-electric signals; providing the input method for the device.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Google Daydream to have 11 devices by the end of 2017
- Nokia's flagship will be announced on August 16th
- Nintendo hits $1.37 billion in net sales in Q1 earnings
- Splatoon 2 sells 670,995 copies in 3 days in Japan
- AMD shares rise 8% riding Ryzen and GPU excitement
- Toshiba N300 8TB High-Reliability HDD Review
- Alphacool Eiswand External CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- Team T-Force Night Hawk RGB DDR4-3000 RAM Kit Review
- Phanteks Evolv Shift SFF Chassis Review
- GIGABYTE X299 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- Need for Speed Payback takes cars from scrap to stock to supercar in new trailer
- Visbit releases Unity SDK and web VR player for its all-in-one VR streaming service, bringing high quality VR streaming to the masses
- GWENT Gamescom 2017 tournament announced
- Toshiba NVMe SSDs now available with Lenovo's new ThinkSystem and ThinkAgile servers
- Mafia III: Sign of the Times DLC now available