Over the past few years, overclocking has gone from being an insane past-time, only practiced by a handful of informed people, to an "art" that is the hobby of thousands of people all over the world. Whole websites and communities have been formed with their main goal being to teach people how to overclock their computers as well as to evaluate the latest cooling solutions on the market as they come out. People have gone to pretty crazy measures to ensure the cool running of their processor. These include water-cooling, vapor-phase cooling, and even, liquid nitrogen cooling! However, these extreme cooling methods are not widely used yet. This is because, firstly, they are difficult to install, and secondly, they are often too expensive for the average user. For this reason, air-cooling is the most common cooling method used in computers at the moment.
In the past, the only heatsinks available that were worth a second look were the ones from Alpha. In recent years, we have seen new heatsink manufacturers pop up all over the place. Most boasting a unique, innovative design method, fighting for a place in an already crowded market. Today we are looking at a new heatsink/fan unit from Zalman, called the CNPS5500-Cu. Zalman is a Korean company that was founded in 1999, and since the introduction of their CNPS (Computer Noise Prevention System) range of coolers, they have received much praise for being able to create heatsink/fan units that are high performing, yet virtually silent. Can they continue their trend with the CNPS5500-Cu? Read on to find out!
Weight (g): 540
Dimensions (mm): 74(L) x 86(W) x 84(H)
Dissipating Area (cm2): 1800
Dissipating Material: Pure Copper
Thermal Resistance: Silent Mode - 0.36 Normal Mode - 0.30
Bearing Type: Two ball
Speed (RPM): Silent Mode - 1500RPM Normal Mode - 2800RPM
Noise (dB): Silent Mode - 20 Normal Mode - 30
- Fan Mate 1
Weight (g): 20
Dimensions (mm): 200(L) x 23(W) x 21(H)
Out Voltage (V): 5V ~ 11V
Maximum Capacity: 60W
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Xiaomi's upcoming phone to rock dual camera and MIUI 9
- Enter our 'Ghost in the Shell' Blu-ray giveaway
- Snap's Spectacles are now available on Amazon
- Xbox worth $9 billion, 53 million Xbox LIVE users
- Essential phone to be more than a month late
- Asus laptop BIOS does not recognize UBCD-post page is grayed out - can't post
- Bloody AL90 Blazing Laser Gaming Mouse Review
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3600 32GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock X299 Taichi Motherboard Review
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4