Needing little introduction, Creative Labs has been around for a long time in the PC audio industry, since basically the dawn of it all in fact. They offered first up the Sound Blaster 1.0 (CT1310/CT1320A) if memory serves, and then followed onward with a massive line of rock solid Windows based PCI, and later, PCI Express sound cards.
When these cards were combined with Creative Labs' in house technology known as EAX (or Environmental Audio), they took the gaming community by storm and fast became a gamers first choice for surround sound. This is after the latest graphics accelerator was installed, of course.
To this day the success of EAX is yet to flounder thanks very much to the strong backing of the physical hardware itself, namely the X-Fi chipset which we first took a look at a couple of years ago. At that time we were already very impressed by how it sounded, and also with the interface it offered users.
Back to the present day now and the new Titanium HD sure has a serious name as well as a serious spec sheet to match. But will this board be a better option than the hugely successful ASUS Xonar heavy hitters out there? - That remains to be seen. But with arguably a more developed and equipped chipset under the hood, things are off to a good start!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Google Daydream to have 11 devices by the end of 2017
- Nokia's flagship will be announced on August 16th
- Nintendo hits $1.37 billion in net sales in Q1 earnings
- Splatoon 2 sells 670,995 copies in 3 days in Japan
- AMD shares rise 8% riding Ryzen and GPU excitement
- Toshiba N300 8TB High-Reliability HDD Review
- Alphacool Eiswand External CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- Team T-Force Night Hawk RGB DDR4-3000 RAM Kit Review
- Phanteks Evolv Shift SFF Chassis Review
- GIGABYTE X299 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- Need for Speed Payback takes cars from scrap to stock to supercar in new trailer
- Visbit releases Unity SDK and web VR player for its all-in-one VR streaming service, bringing high quality VR streaming to the masses
- GWENT Gamescom 2017 tournament announced
- Toshiba NVMe SSDs now available with Lenovo's new ThinkSystem and ThinkAgile servers
- Mafia III: Sign of the Times DLC now available