Our GPU selection was a little light at the time of this writing, as was our CPU availability. However, we were able to get you a few current and popular GPUs to show you how the numbers fall.
As you can see below, the performance numbers come in very interesting. We see NVIDIA on top for the most part, but that PhysX advantage is certainly gone in the combined scores. This is something that we know Futuremark has been working on since NV bought Ageia as it put them in a very odd position.
We talked very briefly with them about the new test and they said that they knew they had the right balance with this one when both NVIDIA and AMD were not happy with them. We can see some of that below.
Once again, because of the pre-release nature of our testing we do not have detailed scores. We will be revisiting this test after today and comparing the detailed scores for you along with more platforms and CPUs very shortly.
Now, for the thing that keeps some people up all night; the scoring methodology. Back when 3DMark Vantage came out and I published the scoring calculations, I received many e-mails telling me that the calculations were wrong, or unbalanced, or this or that.
It was as entertaining as it was annoying. First, I did not come up with these, nor did I compare and analyse the way the formulas are built. I am presenting them again for you to get a "feel" for how the system totals up that final score and once we can publish ours to the net, we will see how they stack up.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft earned $90 billion last fiscal year
- Xiaomi's upcoming phone to rock dual camera and MIUI 9
- Enter our 'Ghost in the Shell' Blu-ray giveaway
- Snap's Spectacles are now available on Amazon
- Xbox worth $9 billion, 53 million Xbox LIVE users
- Asus laptop BIOS does not recognize UBCD-post page is grayed out - can't post
- Bloody AL90 Blazing Laser Gaming Mouse Review
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3600 32GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock X299 Taichi Motherboard Review
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4