Aesthetically you're not seeing much here that you haven't seen before. The card is pretty much identical to the HIS HD 6970 2GB with the only difference being the Turbo logo on the cooler.
A swing around the card also holds no surprises; a single 8-pin and 6-pin PCI-E power connector, two CrossFire slots, our dual BIOS switch and the same Dual-Link DVI, Single-Link DVI, HDMI 1.4 and two mini-DP ports.
Sure; there's no surprises on the exterior side of things, but it's the internal side of things we're really interested in today and that of course means looking at the clock speeds that HIS are offering us.
HIS have bumped the core from 880MHz to a nice round 900MHz. As for the 2GB of GDDR5, that's had a nice little bump from 5500MHz QDR too 5600MHz QDR. They're not huge overclocks, but they should be enough to help separate the HID HS 6970 Turbo 2GB away from the standard reference clocked card.
To be honest, it's not much of a surprise that this isn't a large OC, as it seems without a voltage increase just over 900MHz seems to be the limit. We're not sure if AMD bumped the clocks last minute because of the GTX 500 series, or there was just never a whole lot of head room, but we'll see what kind of numbers the HIS HD 6970 Turbo 2GB offers us.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark 11]
- Page 4 [3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Street Fighter IV]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 15 [Temperature Test]
- Page 16 [Sound Test]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Total Performance Rating (TPR)]
- Page 19 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD's new 17.7.2 drivers include Enhanced Sync, and more
- HTC Standalone VR headset launches in China
- GTA V tops June console earnings with new monthly high
- Nintendo Switch hits 4.7 million install base
- Huawei launches overpriced Porsche Design Watch 2
- Toshiba XG5 1TB OEM M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Toshiba N300 8TB High-Reliability HDD Review
- Alphacool Eiswand External CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- Team T-Force Night Hawk RGB DDR4-3000 RAM Kit Review
- Phanteks Evolv Shift SFF Chassis Review
- Need for Speed Payback takes cars from scrap to stock to supercar in new trailer
- Visbit releases Unity SDK and web VR player for its all-in-one VR streaming service, bringing high quality VR streaming to the masses
- GWENT Gamescom 2017 tournament announced
- Toshiba NVMe SSDs now available with Lenovo's new ThinkSystem and ThinkAgile servers
- Mafia III: Sign of the Times DLC now available