Corsair wanted to take another stab at our PSU testing methodology. With their recent track record, we were happy to give them another shot to see what they had to offer. They happily sent over their new TX550M, the latest power supply in the TX series complete with modular support.
The TX series of power supplies has been revamped quite a bit lately and they seem to have listened to their customers. They've changed up the connector availability, added modular cables and made sure the unit was still of great build quality.
Let's take a deeper look into the brand new TX550M and see what all it has to offer.
Specifications, Availability and Pricing
Corsair's TX550M comes with less total power output than the TX750M that we looked at last month. While that is to be expected, the important thing to look at is where the cuts in outputs were made.
In the case of the TX550M, the power supply took a hit on all three of the rails. Both the 3.3V and 5V rails are only capable of 25A a piece with a total combined output of 140W. Corsair also lowered the output of the single 12V rail to 45A. This 12V rail is capable of providing 100% of the power supply's total output of 550W.
Just as the TX750M did, the Corsair TX550M fills our chart for features. This is a great list of features to find in such a low wattage power supply and we will find a few things that you wouldn't expect. Most notable are the 50C power rating and over temperature protection. These features are typically reserved for units of higher output and usually incur a little bit more of an impact on the wallet too.
While we are on the subject of price, we might as well tell you that Corsair has an MSRP of $109 for the TX550M. This is an already a good deal on a 550W power supply with a full list of enthusiast features, but it gets even better. Newegg currently has the power supply available for $99.99 with a 10% off code, dropping the price down to $90.00 with free shipping. Corsair backs your purchase with a 5-year warranty as well.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [The Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Qualcomm's next-gen Snapdragon 845 teased
- Star Citizen Alpha 3.0 lets you land on the moon
- Intel Core i9-7960X benchmarks: 16C/32T 'Skylake-X' CPU
- Intel's new Core i7-8700K CPU detailed, 6C/12T @ 4.3GHz?
- GTA parent company's indie segment is making AAA games
- How to make one network using 2 routers
- Lian-Li DK02 Watercooling and dimensions
- ASUS X200 CA 1.0 should camera appear in system in control panel?
- How to upgrade the BIOS to GA-UD23-B3?
- Baby Driver Movie Review
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4