Specifications, Pricing and Availability
The OCZ RevoDrive Hybrid isn't just a SSD paired with a HDD to give the feel of solid state performance. The RevoDrive Hybrid pairs a 1TB mechanical hard drive with a 128GB cache SSD system that uses OCZ's VCA 2.0 RAID-like system. The same technology used on OCZ's RevoDrive 3 is used on the RevoDrive Hybrid and we can tell you from past experience that the SSD portion is very fast. By using the PCI Express bus, OCZ has eliminated the bottlenecks found with SATA technology. This is what makes the RevoDrive Hybrid different from the competing products on the market.
As we said before, to make your cache system feel like a full on SSD drive you need to overcome the weak link, the HDD. The RevoDrive Hybrid has a read speed of up to 910MB/s and is capable of writing data at up to 810MB/s. On the IOPS side that is around 120,000 at peak and around 65,000 on average. It's safe to say that OCZ has managed to overcome the HDD with enough (Sand)force to make your system feel like it has a 1TB SSD working your data.
Of course, you are still talking about a product that uses two SSDs, a higher end controller (the VCA 2.0) and a 1TB 2.5" HDD and all of that comes at a cost. At the time of writing Newegg has the 1TB RevoDrive Hybrid listed at 499.99 USD. It really doesn't matter how good the RevoDrive Hybrid is or could be, it is a high cost and many won't give the product a second look. It's too bad OCZ wasn't able to bring the cost into the low 400 Dollar range.
Let's take a look at how it all works.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [The Technical Side of the RevoDrive Hybrid]
- Page 4 [The Packaging]
- Page 5 [The OCZ Technology RevoDrive Hybrid]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - HD Tach]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD's new 17.7.2 drivers include Enhanced Sync, and more
- HTC Standalone VR headset launches in China
- GTA V tops June console earnings with new monthly high
- Nintendo Switch hits 4.7 million install base
- Huawei launches overpriced Porsche Design Watch 2
- Toshiba XG5 1TB OEM M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Toshiba N300 8TB High-Reliability HDD Review
- Alphacool Eiswand External CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- Team T-Force Night Hawk RGB DDR4-3000 RAM Kit Review
- Phanteks Evolv Shift SFF Chassis Review
- Need for Speed Payback takes cars from scrap to stock to supercar in new trailer
- Visbit releases Unity SDK and web VR player for its all-in-one VR streaming service, bringing high quality VR streaming to the masses
- GWENT Gamescom 2017 tournament announced
- Toshiba NVMe SSDs now available with Lenovo's new ThinkSystem and ThinkAgile servers
- Mafia III: Sign of the Times DLC now available