With Computex Taipei 2012 over it's time to get back into the swing of things and the first item that's getting on this train comes from XFX and is part of the popular Black Edition video card series, a series that we've really begun to love since we started looking at a number of HD 7000 based video cards under the name.
Today the exact video card we're looking at is the XFX HD 7850 Black Edition. AMD's Radeon HD 7850 is of course one of those models that we've really praised since its introduction. The continued fact that NVIDIA continue to offer nothing in this price range under the new GEFORCE 600 series name also means it's given AMD a chance to run with it.
As always, though, there's a number of things we need to do before we can check out the performance of the HD 7850 Black Edition from XFX and the first thing is we need to know what's going on with the bundle. Once we've done that we'll move onto the video card itself and see what kind of setup this Black Edition model offers.
Before we get into the testbed and performance side of things we need to quickly take a look at the specifications. Being part of the Black Edition series means it comes overclocked out of the box. We need to find out just what kind of overclock is on offer, though. So with all that said let's get into the package side of things.
Looking at the box you can see we've got the same kind of design that we've seen out of other Black Edition based video cards. With the TweakTown award logo sitting at the top of the box and the main focus being on the Double D or Double Dissipation cooler that we've seen XFX use for a while now.
We can see that the cooler offers almost three times the airflow compared to a single fan one and helps the card run both quieter and cooler. The Double D cooler hasn't let us down so far so we'll find out just what it's capable off a little later on.
Opening up the box we can see the same bundle we've seen from other XFX cards which include a bucketload of paperwork and a "Do Not Disturb I'm Gaming" sign that can be hung off your door. Along with the driver CD, we've also got a CrossFire bridge and Black Edition case sticker, which looks awesome. A solid package.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Xiaomi announces Mi AI Speaker priced at mere $45
- AMD's new 17.7.2 drivers include Enhanced Sync, and more
- HTC Standalone VR headset launches in China
- GTA V tops June console earnings with new monthly high
- Nintendo Switch hits 4.7 million install base
- AMD Ryzen 3 1300X and Ryzen 3 1200 CPU Review
- Lian-Li PC-O5SW...Watercooling and dimensions
- Toshiba XG5 1TB OEM M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Toshiba N300 8TB High-Reliability HDD Review
- Alphacool Eiswand External CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- Need for Speed Payback takes cars from scrap to stock to supercar in new trailer
- Visbit releases Unity SDK and web VR player for its all-in-one VR streaming service, bringing high quality VR streaming to the masses
- GWENT Gamescom 2017 tournament announced
- Toshiba NVMe SSDs now available with Lenovo's new ThinkSystem and ThinkAgile servers
- Mafia III: Sign of the Times DLC now available