iOS 6 was released a day ahead of the iPhone 5, and I updated my third-generation iPad up with the latest and greatest mobile operating system from Apple and took it for a spin. iOS 6 will work on the last few iOS-powered devices with full functions, and some previous-generation devices, with a few features cut away.
Apple's iOS has been here for years now, since the release of the first-generation iPhone, and has gone through various changes over the years. Slowly, Apple adds more and more features to the mobile OS, letting it grow and grow as the years go by.
Over the years, Apple's operating system influenced others to change their ways - and create something that looked great, but was functional. We've seen Android grow in some areas, surpassing iOS, where iOS would then bake in those functions and vice versa. Things like the notification bar have been added to iOS, which is something Android users have enjoyed for years - but works perfectly on the iOS, too.
Apple generally releases new iOS versions with a huge new product release, where the last mobile OS from Apple, iOS 5, debuted on the iPhone 4S last year. Since then, we've had smaller updates to the OS, and with the release of the latest and greatest iPhone 5, Apple have pushed iOS 6 out and into the dark, cold world.
The look of iOS has been the same from day-one pretty much, Apple have always had a winner with consumers when it comes to the user interface of iOS, and why change something that's not broken? Well, that's exactly what Apple have done - not really changed it at all. If you're used to your iPhone or iPad with iOS 5, you'll feel right at home with iOS 6.
There are a few new icons and features that pop-up here and there, but for the most of it, iOS 6 is still the same ol' iOS.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Apple sued by insurance company for alleged iPhone fire
- You can now get Xiaomi Mi 6 with 9,000 mAh battery
- Note8 color options leak: Samsung to introduce Deep Blue
- ASUS ZenFone 4 to be premium device with Snapdragon 835
- Nanomaterial charges phones, electric cars in SECONDS
- Supermicro SuperO Booster Software Guide
- How to make one network using 2 routers
- Lian-Li DK02 Watercooling and dimensions
- ASUS X200 CA 1.0 should camera appear in system in control panel?
- How to upgrade the BIOS to GA-UD23-B3?
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4