First impressions of the DS1 out of the box are that the chassis feels very solid, and it is heavy for its size. As you get the chassis out of the box you are then greeted with a sleek sexiness that only a few cases can pull off with a minimalistic and less aggressive design. Once it is setting on the table you realize how well this will fit into a professional or office environment, as well as offering its users the silence that the DS1 has to offer. The way that this case and others diffuse and absorb sounds is a tried and true method of silencing today's cases, and Nanoxia took full advantage of this design with the DS1.
The feature set is very good just on the basic levels. I mean you have room for everything you could want in the PC, native USB 3.0, fan filters, sound absorbing materials. It is even water cooling ready and offers fan controls. That leaves users wanting very little. But to continue on, they supply three fans capable of around 50 CFM with slightly better than average static pressure. This allows you to have good thermal results even as the chassis is shipped. Considering I could also add four optional fans to the chassis, there is still plenty of cooling potential to be gained improving on what is already a case with sufficient airflow. You have the option to break the silence and open the side to put in a fan to cool the video cards and even open the Nanoxia Air Chimney at the top, but depending on the coolers involved or what added fans you put in, raising the top seemed to add the most noise with or without fans in that area.
I can only think of two other companies that were able to pull off the concept of minimalistic design styling, with almost complete silence built right onto the chassis. Today I have to add a third company to that list as it is obvious that Nanoxia can not only deliver a silent running chassis, but they also made a case that you can't go wrong with. The DS1 is one of those designs that could be next to you at work, in your gaming room, home office, or even on the floor next to your home theater - it just fits in that well.
I really do hope that the Nanoxia DS1 makes it to US shores, as they will have no issues moving these off the shelves, especially at the rough price of $145. For you lucky readers on the other side of the pond, keep an eye out at your local shops and have 89.99 pounds ready to obtain one of your own. For a first step into a market as flooded with choices as enclosures are, Nanoxia comes out guns blazing and makes you just want to say, "shut up and take my money".
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD's new 17.7.2 drivers include Enhanced Sync, and more
- HTC Standalone VR headset launches in China
- GTA V tops June console earnings with new monthly high
- Nintendo Switch hits 4.7 million install base
- Huawei launches overpriced Porsche Design Watch 2
- Lian-Li PC-O5SW...Watercooling and dimensions
- Toshiba XG5 1TB OEM M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Toshiba N300 8TB High-Reliability HDD Review
- Alphacool Eiswand External CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- Team T-Force Night Hawk RGB DDR4-3000 RAM Kit Review
- Need for Speed Payback takes cars from scrap to stock to supercar in new trailer
- Visbit releases Unity SDK and web VR player for its all-in-one VR streaming service, bringing high quality VR streaming to the masses
- GWENT Gamescom 2017 tournament announced
- Toshiba NVMe SSDs now available with Lenovo's new ThinkSystem and ThinkAgile servers
- Mafia III: Sign of the Times DLC now available