Moving onto the card you can see that the overall design isn't anything too new thanks to the fact we've seen the Twin Frozr IV cooler for a while now on a number of cards. It's a cooler that has served extremely well since introduction and should do well on the more mid-range focused GTX 660.
Taking a quick look around the card you can see power comes in the form of two 6-pin PCIe power connectors. Staying across the top but moving closer to the front you can see we've got a single SLI connector present.
Finally moving onto the I/O side we've got two Dual Link DVI connectors in the form of a DVI-D and DVI-I. Along with that you can see we've also got a HDMI connector and a DisplayPort connector to round off the connectivity on the MSI GTX 660 HAWK.
Out of the box a reference clocked GTX 660 carries a core clock of 980MHz while the 2GB of GDDR5 carries a 6008MHz QDR clock. Looking below you can see the default clocks on the MSI GTX 660 HAWK have been bumped to 1085MHz on the core while in typical MSI fashion MSI have chosen to leave the memory clock alone at 6008MHz QDR.
Looking above, though, you can see we've overclocked our card bumping the core clock up to 1124MHz. As for the 2GB of GDDR5 you can see we've boosted that a decent chunk to 6836MHz QDR. Why didn't MSI bump up the memory core? That's a bit disappointing.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 17 [Temperature Test]
- Page 18 [Sound Test]
- Page 19 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 20 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Digital made up 80% of Ubisoft's first quarter sales
- Console gamers to spend more on DLC than games in 2017
- GTA Online earned $1.09 billion, says analyst firm
- Microsoft earned $90 billion last fiscal year
- Xiaomi's upcoming phone to rock dual camera and MIUI 9
- How to upgrade the BIOS to GA-UD23-B3?
- Baby Driver Movie Review
- Asus laptop BIOS does not recognize UBCD-post page is grayed out - can't post
- Bloody AL90 Blazing Laser Gaming Mouse Review
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4