Not too long ago, we took a look at the first power supply from InWin we'd ever seen. It was designed as a budget power supply with an incentive that $1 would be donated to the WWF for every unit sold. The unit performed quite well considering the audience that it caters to, but it was certainly lacking for those seeking something of higher quality.
This time around, we have such a power supply; the new InWin Commander III 800W power supply. The Commander III 800W power supply offers a bit more juice than the GreenMe 750W as well as increased efficiency and a few more connectors.
We've got our fingers crossed for a bit more all the way around so let's move on and start taking a look at the specifications for the Commander III 800W power supply.
Specifications, Availability and Pricing
The Commander III 800W power supply features four 12V rails; each rated for 25A a piece. The four rails combined have a maximum output of 65.83A or 790W. Both the 3.3V and 5V rails are rated for 24A each with a combined maximum output of 120W. Combined maximum output for the Commander III 800W power supply is 800W.
InWin almost got away with a full list of features on the Commander III 800W power supply, but it is lacking Over Temperature Protection. Everything else is there including SCP, OVP, OCP and OPP. All cables are fully sleeved, both native and modular. The Commander III 800W power supply is rated for 80 PLUS Gold efficiency. While the power supply does not feature over temperature protection, it is rated for 100% continuous output at 50C.
InWin has stated that the Commander III 800W will come to market with an MSRP of $139. It isn't currently for sale, but InWin plans for availability to be around mid-December. When the Commander III 800W power supply is available it will feature a five year warranty.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Terminator 2 on 4K Blu-ray includes T-800 arm replicate
- Intel's new 12C/24T CPU: slower clocks than ThreadRipper
- ARCTIC's Liquid Freezer: ready for Ryzen ThreadRipper
- AMD compares Radeon RX Vega to GTX 1080 in Battlefield 1
- Super rare NES game sells for a huge $41,977
- ASRock X299 Taichi Motherboard Review
- Transcend ESD220C 120GB Portable SSD Review
- Need help getting backup bios to work z77 d3h
- AMD hits Intel where it hurts with Ryzen ThreadRipper
- Lexar JumpDrive Tough 64GB USB 3.1 Flash Drive Review
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4
- MSI releases special motherboard BIOSes for Crypto-currency Mining
- Qualcomm files patent infringement complaints against Apple with International Trade Commission and Federal Court