The cable selection is quite nice for a 1000W unit. Unfortunately, the ATX 4+4 and EPS12V connectors are native to the Tachyon. Rosewill gives us six PCI-E connectors over five cables. Peripherals are powered by the ten SATA, six Molex, and one FDD connectors spread over four cables. All the cables are of ample length, but some might find the PCI-E cables shorter than they would like.
All the 12V power from the Tachyon 1000W power supply is provided via a single 12V rail so there isn't much to talk about here.
A Look Inside
Taking the unit apart, we find the classic Super Flower cooling solution. A pair of heat sinks run the length of the unit providing extra heat dissipation where required while still allowing fresh air to penetrate down to the PCB.
A pair of Nippon Chemi-Con capacitors reside on the primary side of the Rosewill Tachyon 1000W power supply.
More Nippon Chemi-Con capacitors are found on the secondary side as well.
Rosewill uses its own 140mm fan to provide the active cooling for the unit. A quick search of the model number will yield that it is manufactured by Globe Fan. What many will find interesting about this particular fan is that it utilizes a sleeve bearing instead of the typical ball bearing that most fans utilize. This will provide slightly quieter operation, but at the cost of longevity.
Something you don't normally find inside the power supply is a spot for an extra fan. Many modders will enjoy this I'm sure.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD's new 17.7.2 drivers include Enhanced Sync, and more
- HTC Standalone VR headset launches in China
- GTA V tops June console earnings with new monthly high
- Nintendo Switch hits 4.7 million install base
- Huawei launches overpriced Porsche Design Watch 2
- Toshiba XG5 1TB OEM M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Toshiba N300 8TB High-Reliability HDD Review
- Alphacool Eiswand External CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- Team T-Force Night Hawk RGB DDR4-3000 RAM Kit Review
- Phanteks Evolv Shift SFF Chassis Review
- Need for Speed Payback takes cars from scrap to stock to supercar in new trailer
- Visbit releases Unity SDK and web VR player for its all-in-one VR streaming service, bringing high quality VR streaming to the masses
- GWENT Gamescom 2017 tournament announced
- Toshiba NVMe SSDs now available with Lenovo's new ThinkSystem and ThinkAgile servers
- Mafia III: Sign of the Times DLC now available