Cooler Master provides a good selection of cables for the Silent Pro Platinum 1000W power supply. Native cables come in the form of the Main, dual EPS12V connectors, and a single cable with dual PCI-E 8-pin connectors on it. Modular cabling provides four more PCI-E 8-pin connectors, 12 SATA connectors, five Molex connectors and a single FDD connector. The short and long cables for SATA/Molex connectors are great and the only thing that I would like to see changed would be for one of the EPS12V connectors to be modular.
Rail distribution is as simple as it gets with a single 12V rail. There is no need to worry about load balancing here.
A Look Inside
Lots of cooling is present within the Silent Pro Platinum 1000W unit, including an all copper heat sink.
Three Panasonic capacitors are on the primary side of the Silent Pro Platinum 1000W power supply.
The secondary side of the power supply isn't as kind to the eyes. We find many Teapo capacitors here and this is always a sign that ripple will not be as low as we like it to be.
Cooler Master uses its own DFS132512M fan to provide the active cooling for the Silent Pro Platinum 1000W power supply. It is quite obvious that the unit is manufactured by Young Lin.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nokia's flagship will be announced on August 16th
- Nintendo hits $1.37 billion in net sales in Q1 earnings
- Splatoon 2 sells 670,995 copies in 3 days in Japan
- AMD shares rise 8% riding Ryzen and GPU excitement
- USB 3.2 announced, packs double the bandwidth of USB 3.1
- Toshiba N300 8TB High-Reliability HDD Review
- Alphacool Eiswand External CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- Team T-Force Night Hawk RGB DDR4-3000 RAM Kit Review
- Phanteks Evolv Shift SFF Chassis Review
- GIGABYTE X299 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- Visbit releases Unity SDK and web VR player for its all-in-one VR streaming service, bringing high quality VR streaming to the masses
- GWENT Gamescom 2017 tournament announced
- Toshiba NVMe SSDs now available with Lenovo's new ThinkSystem and ThinkAgile servers
- Mafia III: Sign of the Times DLC now available
- PNY reveals low-cost CS1311b SSD