Fall Down, Get Up
We've fallen down on the no-moving-parts aspect already. Unfortunately there is nothing that can be done about the optical disc drives; until they invent ones that do not spin the disc up to read it, that is. So for now let's just pretend it doesn't matter. Mum's the word!
Picking a processor is not as easy as it seems; there are a lot of them out there and most will do the job. But we don't just want it to do it; we want it to do it quietly, so a balance of wattage to processing power must be achieved.
AMD offer a tempting 2.5GHz dual core number cruncher with a low 45watts of dissipation; providing us with enough grunt to handle more demanding video playback like h.264 encoded 1080p files.
But this system isn't just about playing Blu-ray discs and episodes of FutuRAMa, what if we want to play some games on the side? That processor is going to have to be coupled with a decent graphics chipset to handle some good multiplayer titles like Team Fortress or Call of Duty.
Step up the J&W 780 MINIX!
There here's a cheeky ITX form-factor, AM2+ socketed, 780 AMD chipset with a smattering of dedicated video RAM.
This is one of the best packages I've seen things come in so far; a hinged lid with pocket for manuals, stickers and cables; very classy.
The usual accoutrements are provided including manual, backplane, data cables and a 40mm fan for cooling the northbridge/GPU.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [The sound of one hand clapping]
- Page 2 [Fall Down, Get Up]
- Page 3 [On Fire Baby!]
- Page 4 [Sans ventilateur]
- Page 5 [Scrubs Up Nice]
- Page 6 [Bite Sized RAM]
- Page 7 [You spin me right round baby]
- Page 8 [IGOR! More Brains!]
- Page 9 [Beastie]
- Page 10 [Freshly Chopped Case]
- Page 11 [Pure Class]
- Page 12 [Meaty Trays]
- Page 13 [Dwarf Boards]
- Page 14 [Obsolete Formats]
- Page 15 [Voila!]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Steam introduces Histograms to prevent review bombing
- i-rocks introduces K60M PLUS RGB mechanical keyboard
- Overwatch's next hero is playable, but wont be out soon
- PS4 & Xbox One cross-play briefly enabled for Fortnite
- Thermaltake reveal the Versa H18 Window Micro case
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- A Look at AMD's Threadripper CPU Hardware Modes
- Plextor M8Se 256GB & 512GB NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- ad240ehdgmbox on m3a785gmh/128m mainboard?
- 8K benched: RX Vega 64 vs. GTX 1080 Ti vs. TITAN Xp SLI
- In Win Launches 'Wood-infused' 305 Mid-Tower PC Chassis
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower