GIGABYTE Z68X-UD7 - The Board
GIGABYTE have got a very good looking board on offer here with an almost all black setup going on with just some tinges of gold that help the board stand out. Design wise it's very similar to the P67-UD7 and you'll probably no doubt notice that.
Looking at our expansion slots, we've got two legacy PCI slots, one PCI-E 1x slot and four PCI-E 16x slots. GIGABYTE offer support for up to three NVIDIA or AMD video cards. Of course, when you start adding multiple video cards into the mix the lane speeds do change a little bit. If you're using the first and third PCI-E slot for SLI or Crossfire, both cards will run at 16x. If you add a third card into the mix by using the fourth PCI-E slot, that card will be running at 8x.
This is a little different to the other Z68 boards we've previewed because GIGABYTE have opted to use the NF200 chip here which adds further PCI-E lanes into the mix. Overall, a three video card setup should be faster on this board than other Z68 ones due to this.
Below these expansion slots we can see a number of headers which will accommodate FireWire, system fans, USB 3.0, USB 2.0 and your front panel connections.
Looking towards the bottom corner, you can see our onboard debug LED which makes solving any issues easy, while next to that you can see our lineup of SATA ports. The black and white SATA ports run off the Z68 chip with the black being SATA2 and the white being SATA3. Also included are another two SATA3 ports which are grey; these are controlled via the Marvell SE9128 chip.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and The Package]
- Page 2 [GIGABYTE Z68X-UD7 - The Board]
- Page 3 [GIGABYTE Z68X-UD7 - The Board Continued]
- Page 4 [GIGABYTE Z68X-UD3H - The Board]
- Page 5 [GIGABYTE Z68X-UD3H - The Board Continued]
- Page 6 [Some GIGABYTE Z68 Features]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Apple won't let you download 4K, only stream on Apple TV
- Sony isn't 'entirely comfortable' being VR market leader
- G.SKILL launches 128GB DDR4 RAM kit for Threadripper
- Bethesda pursues long-lasting relationship with Nintendo
- PUBG devs may be squeezed out of Battle Royale market
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM