The Testbed Setup
As we just mentioned, the main components used here today include the Sapphire Pure Platinum A75, AMD A8-3850 and G.Skill Flare kit. The exact model of the Flare kit is F3-16000CL7D-4GBFLS. The bad news is that you can't get this kit anymore. The CL7 2000MHz DDR kit was on a really limited run and it's just impossible to get unless you hit up the second hand market. You can still buy the Flare series from NewEgg, but the current 2000MHz DDR kit listed at $89.99 US follows a 9-9-9-24 setup. It would still be a great kit, but don't expect to see the kind of speeds we're going to achieve today.
Of course, we use a lot of other quality components today that make this overclock possible and they include the amazing AX1200 PSU from Corsair. The AX series of PSUs from Corsair are just simply fantastic. If anyone ever asks me what kind of power supply they should be buying, I won't hesitate to say the highest end AX series PSU you can afford.
The next big important piece to the overclocking puzzle is of course our CPU cooling and that includes the Corsair H60 All-in-One water cooling kit. This is also another great piece of equipment from Corsair and since testing the P67 / Z68 platform, it's helped us achieve some amazing speeds.
On the video card front we have our Sapphire HD 6970. To be honest, though we didn't use it much today and at one point pulled it out and just used the onboard video to see if it helped us achieve a higher overclock. We've also got our Kingston SATA II 120GB SSD and everything fits nicely in our Lian-Li PC-T60 TestBench case.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Windows Store being re-branded as Microsoft Store
- Blizzard announces full Overwatch League teams
- NieR: Automata shipped and sold over 2 million copies
- New Red Dead Redemption 2 updates coming next week
- Vivendi may take over Ubisoft in November
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM