You're sitting down about to begin writing your latest article about the latest low-end Radeon 9200SE graphics card and you find yourself having to write something along the lines of, "With all the latest and graphics cards on the market, people are forgetting about the mid and low range versions " This is the true words of someone who was wishing they had been preparing to write a review on a Radeon X800XT or GeForce 6800 Ultra - how do we know this you may wonder - because we write about this kind of stuff a lot of the time.
Today we are turning up the heat as we look at the hottest graphics cards on the market ranging from the GeForce FX 5950 Ultra from nVidia to the AGP and PCI Express versions of the monster 6800 Ultra and the Radeon 9800XT from ATI all they way to the X800XT PE powerhouse.
Many other websites have compared the 9800XT to the X800PRO or the X800XT to the X800PRO but we thought we would get our hands on six of the hottest cards available at time of publishing and benchmark them in true TweakTown style.
We want to know exactly what you guys all want to know - how much faster is the X800PRO to the 9800XT? How much faster is the X800XT compared to both of them? What does PCI Express give us at the moment in terms of performance compared to AGP and are we going to see the available bandwidth come into play here today?
These are all questions that our readers want to know so we are going to answer them for you in this mega GPU performance comparison where the big boys come out to play. We will firstly have a quick run down on all the cards available before we get into our benchmarking results. Let's get things underway!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Mega GPU Performance Comparison - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Mega GPU Performance Comparison - Page 2 [nVidia Players - The GREEN Team]
- Mega GPU Performance Comparison - Page 3 [ATI Players - The RED Team]
- Mega GPU Performance Comparison - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test Systems and Synthetic Gaming]
- Mega GPU Performance Comparison - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2003]
- Mega GPU Performance Comparison - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2004 Demo]
- Mega GPU Performance Comparison - Page 7 [Benchmarks - Comanche 4]
- Mega GPU Performance Comparison - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Jedi Knight II]
- Mega GPU Performance Comparison - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Quake 3]
- Mega GPU Performance Comparison - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Mega GPU Performance Comparison - Page 11 [High Quality - Synthetics]
- Mega GPU Performance Comparison - Page 12 [High Quality - Real World Gaming]
- Mega GPU Performance Comparison - Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Windows Store being re-branded as Microsoft Store
- Blizzard announces full Overwatch League teams
- NieR: Automata shipped and sold over 2 million copies
- New Red Dead Redemption 2 updates coming next week
- Vivendi may take over Ubisoft in November
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM