This is the first article I have written for TweakTown, with many more to hopefully follow. Before we get into it, I'd like to thank all the people who have been involved in the running of TweakTown over the time I've been here - Mike Wright, Jon Albiez, Cameron Johson, Jason Rist, Chris Lee and Mytch Harper. Oh yeah, I think that Cameron Wilmot guy had something to do with TweakTown as well...
But hey, you guys and gals don't want to hear me brown-nosing... you want to find out how to maximize your performance and visual appearance of Windows XP. Or at least, I hope you do. If you don't, what are you doing reading this article? Supporting me? Awww, thanks...
On with the show!
Before we begin...
Before we start tweaking, I recommend you set up a few things on your operating system. Make sure you have Administrator privileges on the computer you are tweaking as some options may have been disabled for use by standard users. Also, there's ClearType. ClearType basically works to make text on your screen appear much clearer and readable - a massive boon for laptop owners. It works wonders for desktop owners as well - as you can observe from the below pictures...
To turn ClearType on, just access your Display properties in Control Panel, then click on the 'Appearances' tab. Then click the 'Effects...' button, and you will get a dialog like the one below.
Tick 'Use the following method to smooth edges of screen fonts...' and change the listbox to 'ClearType'. Then just click OK, Apply, and close down your dialogs.
OK? let's get tweaking!
How much to upgrade to x64 Edition?
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft, Facebook complete 160Tbps undersea cable
- Apple won't let you download 4K, only stream on Apple TV
- Sony isn't 'entirely comfortable' being VR market leader
- G.SKILL launches 128GB DDR4 RAM kit for Threadripper
- Bethesda pursues long-lasting relationship with Nintendo
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM