Fusion-io Announces the ioDrive Duo - The World's Fastest and Most Innovative SSD
Fusion-io, the leader in solid-state architecture and high-performance I/O solutions, today announced the ioDrive Duo, which doubles the slot capacity of Fusion-io's successful PCI Express-based ioDrive storage solution. The new ioDrive Duo is the market's fastest and most innovative server-based solid-state storage solution.
With the ioDrive Duo, it is now possible for application, database and system administrators to get previously unheard-of levels of performance, protection and capacity utilization from a single server. Performance for multiple ioDrive Duos scales linearly, allowing any enterprise to scale performance to six gigabytes per-second (Gbytes/sec) of read bandwidth and over 500,000 read IOPS by using just four ioDrive Duos.
"Many database and system administrators are finding that SANs are too expensive and don't meet performance, protection and capacity utilization expectations," said David Flynn, CTO of Fusion-io. "This is why more and more application vendors are moving toward application-centric solid-state storage. The ioDrive Duo offers the enterprise the advantages of application-centric storage without application-specific programming."
ioDrive Duo Product Details
The following specifications describe the physical and performance characteristics of the ioDrive Duo:
Based on PCI Express x8 or PCI Express 2.0 x4 standards, which can sustain up to 20 gigabits per-second (Gbytes/sec) of raw throughput, the ioDrive Duo has more than enough bandwidth to obtain industry-leading performance from a single card. The ioDrive Duo can easily sustain 1.5 Gbytes/sec of read bandwidth and nearly 200,000 read IOPS. Its performance metrics are as follows:
- Sustained read bandwidth: 1500 MB/sec (32k packet size)
- Sustained write bandwidth: 1400 MB/sec (32k packet size)
- Read IOPS: 186,000 (4k packet size)
- Write IOPS: 167,000 (4k packet size)
- Latency < 50 µsec
The ioDrive Duo offers unmatched solid-state protection for data integrity and reliability with triple redundancy for a single storage component.
Multi-bit error detection and correction
Patent-pending Flashback protection, offering chip-level N+1 redundancy and on-board self-healing so that no servicing is required
Optional RAID-1 mirroring between two ioMemory modules on the same ioDrive Duo, offering complete redundancy on a single PCIe card
The ioDrive Duo comes in the following capacities:
- 160 Gbytes
- 320 Gbytes
- 640 Gbytes
- 1.28 TB (second half of 2009)
The ioDrive Duo will be available in April 2009. To find out more about how this and Fusion-io's other enterprise solid-state storage products can benefit your organization, please visit Fusion-io.
Latest News Posts
- Windows Store being re-branded as Microsoft Store
- Blizzard announces full Overwatch League teams
- NieR: Automata shipped and sold over 2 million copies
- New Red Dead Redemption 2 updates coming next week
- Vivendi may take over Ubisoft in November
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM