Super Talent Develops 2048 GB PCIe RAID SSD with 1.3 GB/sec Throughput
New Drive Promises Outstanding Performance, IOPS, and Reliable Storage for Enterprise Servers, Workstations, and Gamers
San Jose, California - April 1, 2009 - Super Talent Technology, a leading manufacturer of Flash storage solutions and DRAM memory modules, today announced its patented RAIDDriveTM, which dramatically increases the performance and slot capacity of PCI Express-based storage solution. The new RAIDDrive is the market's largest and most innovative server-based solid-state storage solution, and an extension of its patented technology from the RAIDSSDTM product lines.
RAIDDrives support up to 2 TB of MLC or SLC Nand Flash memories, have a turbocharged DRAM Cache, and the RAIDDrive ES is fully battery backed to protect data in the event of power loss. The RAIDDrives connect through a PCIe Gen. 2.0 x8 interface and are capable of delivering sequential Read speeds of up to 1.2GB/s, sequential Write speeds of up to 1.3GB/s. More performance details will be unveiled in June. As an optional feature users will be able to configure the drives with an internal RAID5 capability to deliver an extra level of data protection for mission critical applications.
SuperTalent is releasing three families of RAIDDrives with features optimized for different market segments:
- RAIDDrive ES - Enterprise Servers performing compute intensive applications such as database transaction processing, business intelligence, and virtualization.
- RAIDDrive WS - Workstation users performing tasks including animation, video editing, oil and gas exploration, CAD/EDA simulation, and scientific computing,
- RAIDDrive GS - Gamers looking to supercharge their IO Subsystem
Super Talent has been pioneering the development of RAIDed SSDs with multiple patents granted since 2003 and has been shipping SSDs with internal RAID structures in the RAIDSSD product lines for many years. SuperTalent's existing, RAIDSSD product lines utilizing SuperTalent's unique patented RAID structure consist of:
- DuraDrive ET - High Performance IDE/PATA interface RAIDSSD 16-256GB, I-temp option available, 2.5" or 3.5"
- DuraDrive AT - High Performance SATA interface RAIDSSD 16-256GB I-temp option available, 2.5" or 3.5"
- MasterDrive RX - Extreme Performance SATA interface RAIDSSD 128-512GB, 2.5" or 3.5"
According to CH Lee, COO of Super Talent, "We are proud of the innovative intellectual property that our outstanding engineering team has developed. The RAIDDrive is just the latest in a series of patented products which enable us to provide differentiated products to our customers."
About Super Talent Technology
Super Talent Technology Corporation based in San Jose, California, designs and manufactures a full range of DDR, DDR2, and DDR3 memory modules and Flash based storage devices for computers and consumer electronics. An ISO 9001 certified company, Super Talent utilizes its state-of-the-art factories and leading-edge components to produce award winning products with outstanding reliability. Super Talent is an active member of the JEDEC and ONFI standards bodies. With over 250 patents, the company was ranked 38th in the 2008 Wall Street Journal's Patent ScorecardTM for the IT industry.
Latest News Posts
- Run, don't walk for our 'Walking Dead' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Microsoft, Facebook complete 160Tbps undersea cable
- Apple won't let you download 4K, only stream on Apple TV
- Sony isn't 'entirely comfortable' being VR market leader
- G.SKILL launches 128GB DDR4 RAM kit for Threadripper
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 4K Blu-ray Review
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM