ADAPTEC SERIES 5 UNIFIED SERIAL® (SATA/SAS) RAID CONTROLLER FAMILY to SUPPORT VMWARE vSPHERE
Adaptec Works with VMware to Further Next-Generation Computing and Enable Customers to Benefit from the Cloud OS
MILPITAS, Calif., April 21, 2009 - Adaptec, Inc. (NASDAQ: ADPT), a global leader in storage solutions and VMware Technology Alliance Partner (TAP) program member, today announced immediate support for VMware vSphere. Adaptec's Series 5 Unified Serial (SATA/SAS) RAID Controller Family is supported natively via an in-box driver, ready for immediate installation. Launched today, VMware vSphere is the industry's first cloud operating system, transforming datacenters into dramatically simplified cloud infrastructures to enable the next generation of flexible, reliable IT services. VMware vSphere gives customers uncompromising control, with greater efficiency, while preserving customer choice.
By supporting VMware vSphere, Adaptec can further extend the value of its Series 5 Unified Serial (SATA/SAS) RAID Controller Family into customers' next-generation datacenters and help enable customers to manage large collections of infrastructure - including CPUs, storage and networking - as a seamless, flexible and dynamic cloud environment.
"We are pleased that Adaptec has taken this next step to helping provide customers with a more flexible, reliable and scalable computing environment," said Bernie Mills, senior director, alliance programs, VMware. "By supporting VMware vSphere, our partners can further enable increased efficiency, control and choice for customers."
"Virtualization and cloud computing environments are constantly changing and adapting to meet the demands of growing enterprises, and VMware vSphere provides the most feature-rich solution available today to meet and exceed these growing needs," said Scott Cleland, director of marketing, Adaptec. "Our support of VMware vSphere is an indication of our commitment to our customer base, allowing customers to easily enhance the scalability and reliability of cloud computing data centers, and thereby delivering cost-effective, high-performance solutions for increasing data storage access in virtualization environments."
Adaptec provides trusted storage solutions that reliably move, manage, and protect critical data and digital content. Adaptec's software and hardware-based solutions are delivered through leading channel partners and Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) to provide storage connectivity, data protection, and networked storage to enterprises, government organizations, medium and small businesses worldwide. More information is available at https://www.adaptec.com.
Latest News Posts
- EVGA announces GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE with 12Gbps GDDR5X
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti: arrives in October for $429
- TUNAI teases DRUM, high-res bass enhanced earphones
- Steam introduces Histograms to prevent review bombing
- i-rocks introduces K60M PLUS RGB mechanical keyboard
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- A Look at AMD's Threadripper CPU Hardware Modes
- Plextor M8Se 256GB & 512GB NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- ad240ehdgmbox on m3a785gmh/128m mainboard?
- In Win Launches 'Wood-infused' 305 Mid-Tower PC Chassis
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower