The Future is Ultra-Thin: New Intel Chips Redefine Laptop Style, Performance, Battery Life
TAIPEI, Taiwan, June 2, 2009 - Today at Computex, Intel Corporation introduced four new processors, including a low-power version and a value chipset, to usher in mainstream "ultra-thin" laptops. Intel® ultra-low voltage (ULV) processors will enable new sleek consumer laptop designs less than an inch thick, weighing 2 to 5 pounds, and at mainstream price points. These processors also consume less power to enable longer battery life, delivering the type of experience consumers expect from Intel-based laptops. In addition, Intel also announced the addition of new devices that can now wirelessly connect using optional Intel® My WiFi Technology.
"With an ultra-thin laptop powered by Intel® ultra-low voltage processors, consumers experience a unique balance of performance and power consumption that is incomparable in the market today - all in a slim, sleek package," said Mooly Eden, vice president and general manager of the Mobile Platforms Group at Intel. "And at mainstream price points, Intel is proud to deliver ultra thin for all."
Intel extends its leadership on the standard voltage (SV) Intel® Core 2 Duo processors, with offerings up to 3.06 GHz. These energy-efficient processors deliver breakthrough mobile performance and responsiveness for demanding business users and consumers. Users will see improved performance when running multiple, intense applications simultaneously, as well as dual-core optimized applications.
In addition, Intel unveiled the Mobile Intel® GS40 Express Chipset for the new ULV-based laptops. This value chipset enables ULV-based laptops to support features consumers have come to expect from laptops including HD playback, Windows® Vista Premium support and native support for integrated HDMI.
Consumers have choice when it comes to their wireless options by adding embedded WiMAX or Intel® My WiFi Technology to their laptops. Using Intel My WiFi Technology, more devices can now wirelessly connect to Intel® Centrino® 2 processor technology laptops. My WiFi Technology transforms a laptop into a WiFi personal area network, connecting directly with up to eight WiFi certified devices without cables or wires, including cameras, printers, HDTV and MP3 players, to print, share, show and sync wirelessly at home or on the go. With high-speed broadband WiMAX networks rolling out in new cities around the world, embedded WiMAX is also an option for users, putting consumers on the forefront of 4G wireless with an entire city as their own hotspot.
Intel (NASDAQ: INTC), the world leader in silicon innovation, develops technologies, products and initiatives to continually advance how people work and live. Additional information about Intel is available at https://www.intel.com/pressroom and blogs.intel.com.
Latest News Posts
- ASUS introduce the ROG Strix Fusion 300 gaming headset
- Divinity: Original Sin 2 launch nearly didn't happen
- Thieves rob van full of Total War: Warhammer 2 CE's
- AI detects Alzheimer's 10 years before symptoms happen
- Analyst: iPhone X hype will hurt iPhone 8 pre-orders
- Gigabyte System Information Viewer
- ASRock X399 Professional Gaming Motherboard Review
- Permanent Fix for Beebox Wifi Design Flaws
- ASUS H97-Plus Various Boot Issues
- Transcend StoreJet 25C3N 1TB Portable HDD Review
- In Win Launches 'Wood-infused' 305 Mid-Tower PC Chassis
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower