New Extended Cooling Fins give Corsair® DominatorTM Memory Aggressive New Look
- Upgraded cooling fins available for Dominator memory using DHX+ technology -
Fremont, CA. June 10th, 2009. Corsair®, a worldwide leader in high-performance computer memory, power supplies and flash memory products, including solid-state drives, today announced the launch of Corsair Extended Cooling Fins for triple-channel Dominator and Dominator GT memory kits using Corsair's DHX+ technology.
Corsair memory modules using DHX+ (Dual-path Heat eXchange) technology - a patent-pending cooling approach that uniquely removes heat from both the memory ICs and print circuit board - feature removal cooling fins that allow for modular cooling accessories to be fitted. These include the recently-announced Hydro Series H30 water-block and Ice Series T30 thermo-electric cooler, which are now joined by the extended cooling fins.
"The extended cooling fins for Dominator and Dominator GT memory kits have been designed with an aggressive, high-performance look for enthusiasts and gamers who want to upgrade their memory to stand out from the crowd," said Jim Carlton, VP of Marketing for Corsair. "By choosing Corsair Dominator or Dominator GT, you not only get the highest-performing memory in the world, but also the most distinctive and customizable memory too."
The extended cooling fins are engineered using high-grade aluminum that is extruded and machined, and have more than double the surface area of the standard Dominator and Dominator GT fins. In addition, the racing-inspired red Dominator GT fins are coated with a phase -change thermally conductive polymer that expels air pockets in the micropores of the heatsink surface, optimizing overall thermal resistance.
The extended fins are exclusively available from Corsair's Online Store at https://shop.corsair.com/store , priced at $19.99 for the black fins and $24.99 for the racing-red GT fins. They are sold in packs of three, which include extended fan brackets to maintain compatibility with the Corsair Airflow and Airflow 2 memory coolers.
An image of Dominator with extended fins is available [here]
An image of Dominator GT with extended fins is available [here]
About DHX+ Technology
The Corsair Extended Cooling Fins are made possible thanks to the innovative new DHX+ heatsinks, which feature removable cooling hardware. These heatsinks are fitted to a unique, custom-designed PCB that allows both the front and rear of the memory ICs, and the printed circuit board itself, to be cooled. The extended fins are attached to these heat sinks using an optimized thermal interface material and a secure compression fit, resulting in highly optimized thermal resistance between the heat source (the memory ICs) and the cooling medium.
Founded in 1994, Corsair Memory Inc., is a worldwide leader in high-performance components for personal computers. Specializing in very high performance memory and ultra-efficient power supplies, our flagship products, including DominatorTM; memory modules, are the choice of overclockers, enthusiasts, and gamers everywhere. Our expertise in design and manufacturing is also evident in our complete line of ruggedized Flash VoyagerTM; and Flash SurvivorTM; USB storage devices. Corsair Memory offers 24/7 customer support via forums and the Tech Support Express helpdesk. For more information, please visit https://www.corsair.com
Latest News Posts
- New Red Dead Redemption 2 updates coming next week
- Vivendi may take over Ubisoft in November
- AMD Radeon RX Vega 32, RX Vega 28 rumored to be coming
- AMD's new drivers add CrossFire support to RX Vega
- Intel working on dual-core i3-7360X for X299
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- A Look at AMD's Threadripper CPU Hardware Modes
- Plextor M8Se 256GB & 512GB NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM