Active Media Products Unveils 2.5" Predator-X7 SATA SSDs based on Jmicron JMF612 Controller
8-Channel Controller plus 128MB DRAM Cache Deliver up to 230MB/sec Seq. Read Speeds and up to 180MB/sec Write Speeds
Fremont, California - October 20, 2009 - Active Media Products, manufacturer of SSDs and innovative USB drives, today announced imminent arrival of a line of Predator-X7 2.5-inch SATA-II 3Gbps Windows® 7 compatible SSDs built with the new Jmicron JM612 controller.
Predator X7 SSDs will be offered in capacities from 32GB to 256GB. At the heart of these SSDs is the JMF612 controller, which boasts numerous advances in features and performance. The 8-channel flash controller combined with 128MB of DRAM cache achieves sequential read speeds up to 230MB/sec and sequential write speeds up to 180MB/sec. "One big advantage of this controller is its support for a USB 2.0 port, which can be used for cloning the contents of your old hard drive onto the Predator X7. The mini USB port makes installation and setup a lot faster and easier." stated Active Media Products' VP of Sales, Jerry Thomson.
Hardware ECC, bad block management and wear leveling features ensure accurate storage and retrieval of data over the life of the SSD. Predator X7 SSDs are expected to begin shipping in November at retail prices starting at $149. They will be available worldwide from Amazon and other Active Media Products resellers.
ABOUT ACTIVE MEDIA PRODUCTS
Based in the heart of Silicon Valley, Active Media Products LLC is dedicated to developing creative new media products that improve performance and enhance the user's experience. Our focus on innovative product development enables us to bring new technology to market a step ahead of the competition. AMP is a leader in netbook SSD upgrades and manufactures the Obama and the endangered species line of USB drives.
Latest News Posts
- Monster Hunter World launches January 2018
- Left Alive is Square Enix's shot at survival mech action
- Rocket League Autumn Update available September 28
- Synology introduces new XS, Value and Series NAS
- ASUS introduce the ROG Strix Fusion 300 gaming headset
- ad240ehdgmbox on m3a785gmh/128m mainboard?
- 8K benched: RX Vega 64 vs. GTX 1080 Ti vs. TITAN Xp SLI
- AMD X399 TR4 Threadripper Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- Gigabyte System Information Viewer
- ASRock X399 Professional Gaming Motherboard Review
- In Win Launches 'Wood-infused' 305 Mid-Tower PC Chassis
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower