Aspire easyStore: Acer's first wireless NAS
*Aspire easyStore 3TB version exclusive to Bluechip IT*
Wireless accessibility with integrated 802.11b/g
Incorporates RAID configuration
Integrated iTunes and UPnP AV Media Server
Sydney, Australia 19th August, 2008 - Acer Computer Australia has released the Aspire easyStore; an intelligent network storage solution designed for small, medium and home office network environments.
The wireless accessibility is a major differentiator from other similar products in the market. With integrated 802.11b/g the Aspire easyStore has the ability to work as a wireless access point with no network cabling required. The product also offers Gigabit LAN connection for data transfers.
While the Aspire easyStore offers a large storage capacity (up to 4TB using 4 high capacity hard drives), the device is still simple to setup and manage through an intuitive web browser based user interface.
The Aspire easyStore features integrated iTunes and UPnP AV Media Server allowing the capacity to stream photos, music and videos to UPnP AV client devices such as a Playstation and share files amongst mixed OS users.
The device includes RAID control enabling protection of files, supporting levels of 0, 1, 5 and JBOD. easyBackup software enables automatic client backup and system recovery if a hard drive fails, file corruption or accidental file deletion occurs or in the event of virus attacks.
"What Acer has designed is a wireless centralised storage product that is reliable and easy to use whilst ensuring data security and protection." says Harry Boyadjian, Product Manager, Acer Oceanic Region.
"Storage solutions which provide full data security and protection are paramount with the rapid growth of storage requirements in both the SoHo and home environment," continued Boyadjian.
Under an exclusive arrangement the Aspire easyStore 3TB version is being offered by Acer's authorised distributor Bluechip Infotech at $1,399.00 (RRP inc GST). The Aspire easyStore is available nationally.
About Acer Computer Australia
Established in 1990, Acer Computer Australia (ACA) has 492 employees and has grown to become Australia's number three PC vendor and fastest growing IT brand.
Globally, Acer now ranks as the number two notebook vendor and number three PC vendor worldwide *. With 58% year on year growth in PC and 69% in notebook respectively, Acer has shown the strongest expansion in the market.
Acer now holds 15% of notebook market share worldwide.
Our excellence in supply chain management, working with strong channel partners and offering a flexible range of IT solutions are core to why Acer is one of the easiest vendors to do business with.
Acer Computer Australia has a number of local initiatives to provide first level support to our customers. This includes a national call centre using a toll free number, and Acer wholly owned repair centres located in all major metropolitan cities in Australia and New Zealand.
Established in 1976, Acer Inc. employs 5,600 people supporting dealers and distributors in more than 100 countries. Revenue in 2007 (Q1-3 consolidated) reached US$9.6 billion.
Latest News Posts
- Windows Store being re-branded as Microsoft Store
- Blizzard announces full Overwatch League teams
- NieR: Automata shipped and sold over 2 million copies
- New Red Dead Redemption 2 updates coming next week
- Vivendi may take over Ubisoft in November
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM