ASUS Wins Eight 2010 iF Product Design Awards
UX Series Notebooks and Eee PC Seashell Netbooks win International Forum Design awards
Sydney, Australia, 10 December 2009 - Eight ASUS products have won iF (International Forum Design) awards, in the Product Design category. An international expert jury commissioned by iF named the ASUS UX Series notebooks, UX30 notebook, P30 notebook, chiclet keyboard, Eee PC Seashell Series netbooks, EeeKeyboard PC, CG 5290 desktop PC and SBC-04D1S-U external Blu-ray disc combo drive as winners of the prestigious awards.
Since their introduction in 1953, the iF design awards have been an indicator of proven quality in design. Entrants for the Product Design Award are evaluated on design quality, finish, choice of materials, degree of innovation, environmental impact, functionality, ergonomics, visualisation of intended use, safety, brand value and branding and universal design. The attainment of eight awards demonstrates ASUS's strength in market research, material development, mechanical design, industrial design and packaging.
The ASUS 2010 iF product design award winners are:
ASUS is a leading company in the new digital era, with an extensive product portfolio that includes notebooks, netbooks, motherboards, graphics cards, displays, optical drives, desktop PCs, servers, wireless solutions, mobile phones and networking devices. Driven by innovation and committed to quality, ASUS designs and manufactures products that perfectly meet the needs of today's digital home, office and person. ASUS won 3,056 awards in 2008, and is widely credited with revolutionising the PC industry with the Eee PC. With a global staff of more than ten thousand and a world-class R&D design team, the company's revenue for 2008 was 8.1 billion U.S. dollars. ASUS ranks among BusinessWeek's InfoTech 100, and has been on the listing for 12 consecutive years.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Radeon RX Vega 32, RX Vega 28 rumored to be coming
- AMD's new drivers add CrossFire support to RX Vega
- Intel working on dual-core i3-7360X for X299
- Razer will announce a 'mobile device' later this year
- MSI shows off GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X TRIO
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- A Look at AMD's Threadripper CPU Hardware Modes
- Plextor M8Se 256GB & 512GB NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- In Win Launches 'Wood-infused' 305 Mid-Tower PC Chassis
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower