SAPPHIRE Ships in Single Link Adapter for Eyefinity
Lower cost solution for third monitor
Recognising the demand for a lower cost solution to using the DisplayPort output for a third monitor in ATI Eyefinity mode on its HD 5000 series cards, SAPPHIRE Technology has just introduced a DisplayPort to Single Link DVI adapter.
Eyefinity mode requires the third monitor to be either a DisplayPort (DP) monitor or a monitor connected with an active adapter to synchronise the signals for a DVI or HDMI monitor*. Earlier active DP to Dual Link DVI adapters were considered to be too expensive by many users who did not need ultra high resolution.
SAPPHIRE's new DP to Single Link DVI adapter is an active solution in a short pigtail format with DP plug to DVI female connector that allows users to connect DVI monitors with resolutions of up to 1920 x 1200. Used with a DP equipped SAPPHIRE HD 5000 series graphics card, this enables landscape Eyefinity modes of up to 5760 x 1200, including 5760 x 1080 with widescreen monitors, as well as portrait modes of up to 3600 x 1920.
SAPPHIRE is offering this solution to make Eyefinity more affordable for users with existing DVI monitors, or wishing to match up existing monitor styles.
For more information about Eyefinity, please visit https://www.sapphiretech.com
Note * Except if using SAPPHIRE FleX Edition that directly supports three DVI monitors.
Latest News Posts
- Intel delays 10nm CPU tech for the third time: late 2018
- Sarah Connor is back, new Terminator movie with Arnie
- Toshiba to sell memory business for $18 billion
- GeIL add the Super Luce RGB Lite Series to their range
- Ethereum could replace Visa networks, even game servers
- Plextor M8Se 256GB & 512GB NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- ad240ehdgmbox on m3a785gmh/128m mainboard?
- 8K benched: RX Vega 64 vs. GTX 1080 Ti vs. TITAN Xp SLI
- AMD X399 TR4 Threadripper Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- Gigabyte System Information Viewer
- In Win Launches 'Wood-infused' 305 Mid-Tower PC Chassis
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower