WD Introduces the 4th Generation WD Caviar Green Line of Products
Cooler, Quieter and Eco Friendlier Drive
Sydney, Australia: September 8, 2010 - WD® today introduced the 4th generation of WD Caviar® Green hard drives. The 3-platter, 667 GB/platter WD Caviar Green hard drives are available in 1.5 TB and 2 TB capacities. The new WD Caviar Green 2 TB offers lower power consumption than the 2 TB drives currently available in the market.
Highest areal density in the industry at 667 GB/platter
64 MB cache
Best in class power - lowest watts per TB in the industry
WD GreenPower Technology
Incorporates advanced/automatic power management
Advanced Format Technology - 512 Byte Emulated Device
100% Halogen Free
The WD Caviar® Green SATA hard drives reduce power consumption by up to 40% and offer best-in-class acoustics and operating temperature. Based on WD's exclusive GreenPower technology, these drives are designed to deliver power savings as the primary attribute. As hard drive capacities increase, the power required to run those drives increases as well. WD Caviar Green drives make it possible for energy-conscious customers to build systems with higher capacities and the right balance of system performance, ensured reliability, and energy conservation. They are ideal for PCs, external storage and other devices that require lower power consumption and cool, quiet operation.
Pricing and Availability
Manufacturer: Western Digital
Product Name: WD Caviar Green
AU: 20EARS AU$139, 10EARS AU$79
NZ: 20EARS NZ$119, 10EARS NZ$199
Warranty: Three-year limited warranty
Australian Distributors: Achieva Australia, Synnex Australia
New Zealand Distributors: Ingram Micro NZ, Synnex NZ, VST
WD, one of the storage industry's pioneers and long-time leaders, provides products and services for people and organizations that collect, manage and use digital information. The company designs and produces reliable, high-performance hard drives and solid state drives that keep users' data accessible and secure from loss. Its advanced technologies are configured into applications for client and enterprise computing, embedded systems, and consumer electronics, as well as its own consumer storage and media products.
WD was founded in 1970. The company's storage products are marketed to leading OEMs, systems manufacturers, selected resellers and retailers under the Western Digital® and WD brand names. Visit the Investor section of the company's Web site (www.westerndigital.com) to access a variety of financial and investor information.
Latest News Posts
- COLORFUL's new iGame SSDs: up to 3GB/sec read with RGB
- What if Certain Affinity is making a free-to-play Halo?
- Square Enix commits to games as a service business model
- SAG-AFTRA video game voice actor strike ends
- Shadow of War balanced to be played without lootboxes
- Intel Core i9-7980XE and i9-7960X CPU Review
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 4K Blu-ray Review
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM