id Software Announces Dates for QuakeCon 2009
The Hilton Anatole Hotel to Open its Doors Again to Gamers Worldwide
MESQUITE, Texas - December 18, 2008 - As temperatures begin to fall and the holidays are fast approaching, it's time to start thinking about your summer vacation to the THE must-attend gaming event of the year - QuakeCon 2009! id Software and the QuakeCon organization has just announced that QuakeCon 2009, the world's ultimate video game festival and party, will take place August 13 - 16, 2009, in Dallas, TX at the Hilton Anatole Hotel. As always, the event is FREE to all attendees thanks to the support of id Software, the QuakeCon volunteer staff, and the 2009 event sponsors and exhibitors.
QuakeCon will once again host North America's largest BYOC (Bring-Your-Own-Computer) LAN party - with spots for nearly 3,000 gamers to hook their systems up and play on our world-class network. Of course, it wouldn't be QuakeCon without the drama and intensity of the big-money pro tournaments, featuring id Software's new free-to-play, web-based multiplayer game QUAKE LIVE. QuakeCon also offers non-stop fun and entertainment for those that don't bring their own computer. The world's leading gaming and technology companies will be on hand to demonstrate their latest hardware and software in the 35,000 square foot exhibit hall, and every day of QuakeCon is packed with contests, entertainment, announcements, panel discussions, and parties.
Online registration for QuakeCon will begin at 9:30pm EST / 6:30pm PST on March 6, 2009. Participation in the BYOC, tournaments, exhibits, conferences, and all other events is free of charge.
The Hilton Anatole is now taking room reservations for QuakeCon 2009 through their custom QuakeCon reservation page at http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/groups/personalized/DFWANHH-QUA-20090806/index.jhtml or through their toll-free reservations number, 1-800-HILTONS. To receive the specially negotiated room rate of $145 (single, double, triple or quad occupancy) and the special daily self-park rate of $7 (regularly $15 per day), you must request the group rate for "QuakeCon 2009" or book through the link above when making your reservation. You must be a guest of the hotel to receive the discounted parking rate during the event. The hotel requires a first night's deposit on reservations (refundable up to 48-hours in advance of the first day of the event). Rooms at this special rate are limited.
Companies interested in receiving information on sponsorship and exhibitor opportunities should email firstname.lastname@example.org.
More exciting details about QuakeCon 2009 will follow. Visit https://www.quakecon.org to get the latest information. Plan your travel, reserve your hotel room and BYOC spot, practice those gaming skills and prepare to be blown away by another awesome QuakeCon.
Latest News Posts
- Apple won't let you download 4K, only stream on Apple TV
- Sony isn't 'entirely comfortable' being VR market leader
- G.SKILL launches 128GB DDR4 RAM kit for Threadripper
- Bethesda pursues long-lasting relationship with Nintendo
- PUBG devs may be squeezed out of Battle Royale market
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM