WD, a world leader in external storage and connected home solutions, today introduced powerful new collaboration and file management features, including Dropbox integration, in the next generation of its popular WD 2go mobile app for their personal cloud products, the My Book Live, My Book Live Duo and My Net N900 Central HD router with storage.
WD's personal cloud products provide shared storage on the home network, letting customers centralize their important documents, photos, videos and music in one place as well as automatically backup all the computers in their home. With the WD 2go app customers can access and share that content from outside the home on their mobile devices.
The new version of WD 2go lets customers move, copy and share content between their mobile device, their Dropbox and their WD personal cloud - combining the benefits of personal and public cloud storage into one, easy-to-use app. For example, if a user has a small number of photos they want to share with their friends, they can copy them from their personal cloud into their Dropbox using the WD 2go app. But if they have a very large number of photos, or files that are too big for their Dropbox, they can use WD 2go to send a secure link to the files via email. WD 2go is available for iPad, iPhone, iPod touch or Android compatible mobile devices.
"WD is committed to providing consumers with secure storage of digital content and access to it on any screen, on-the-go or at home," said Jim Welsh, executive vice president for WD's branded products and consumer electronics groups. "By combining access to Dropbox and personal cloud storage into a single intuitive mobile app, WD is empowering consumers with the flexibility and control of anytime, any-device management of their growing libraries of digital content."
WD 2go Features
- Dropbox integration: Full access to your Dropbox and use of all WD 2go file management features with your Dropbox.
- Upload: Upload files from your mobile device to your WD personal cloud storage.
- Download: Download files to your smartphone or tablet for offline access.
- Sharing: Share files from your personal cloud storage as email links or attachments.
- File management: Copy, move, rename and delete files on your personal cloud storage and in your Dropbox.
- Third-party apps: Send files to and receive files from third party apps installed on your mobile device using the "open with" function.
- Auto-discover: Automatically discover and connect to WD personal cloud storage devices on the same Wi-Fi network as your smartphone or tablet.
Price and Availability
WD 2go (free download) is currently available for download from the iTunes App Store, Google Play and Amazon Appstore for Android. My Book Live personal cloud storage drives and the My Net N900 Central router with storage are available at select U.S. retailers and online.
Latest News Posts
- Valve almost made an amazing looking co-op fantasy game
- Intel Z370 will support future 8th Gen Cannon Lake CPUs
- Vivendi abstains vote in Ubisoft shareholders meeting
- Intel's b2b shop could revolutionize PC game reselling
- GeIL reveal ASUS ROG certified EVO X ROG RGB RAM
- Intel Core i9-7980XE and i9-7960X CPU Review
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 4K Blu-ray Review
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM