GIPS Demonstrates Real-Time Mobile Video with Customers at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona
Movial and others Join GIPS Feb 16-19 to Demonstrate the Power and Growing Adoption of Mobile IP Communications in booth #2G16
San Francisco - February 2, 2009 - Global IP Solutions (Oslo Børs: GIPS), the leading provider of IP multimedia processing solutions, announced today plans to demonstrate the power and growing adoption of mobile IP communications with its customers.
In GIPS' Mobile World Congress booth #2G16, Hall 2, ongoing demonstrations will be held throughout the conference, including a real-time Mobile video application from Movial, a leader in Unified Communications products, allowing users to conduct high-quality Mobile video calls. Using GIPS VideoEngine, mobile application developers can utilize the best video processing technology available on a mobile platform.
"Next generation mobile applications like mobile video calling are growing rapidly, as worldwide mobile subscriptions are expected to reach 5.5 billion subscribers by 2013," said Joyce Jim, Global IP Solutions' Chief Marketing Officer. "The high quality and ease of use that today's 3G smart phones offer make real-time IP communications a valuable tool for consumers and businesses to stay connected anywhere, anytime."
Kim continued, "With consumers and businesses striving to save on travel expenses, coupled with the advancements in IP processing and compression technologies, now is the ideal time for increased adoption of applications like mobile video calling. We are pleased to be leading this charge with some of the biggest names in the mobile industry to make real-time IP communications a reality."
Today, GIPS Media Engines are the most widely deployed media processing engines in the world with over 800 million downloads. GIPS is best known as the inventors of the voice codec, iLBC, an IETF industry standard and iSAC, the de facto wideband standard.
To set up an appointment for a demonstration at Mobile World Congress contact GIPS at +1 415 746-1144.
About Global IP Solutions
Global IP Solutions (Oslo Børs: GIPS) provides best-in-class voice and video processing in IP communications. GIPS enables its customers to deliver unmatched quality, with a faster time-to-market and with less risk than alternative solutions. GIPS serves application developers, wired and wireless service providers and network and telecommunications equipment vendors. Its customer list includes AOL, Gadu-Gadu, Google, IBM, Mail.ru, LG Nortel, Movial, Nimbuzz, Nortel, Oracle, Radvision Samsung, Tencent and other key players in the voice and video markets. The company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Stockholm, Boston and Hong Kong. For more information, visit https://www.gipscorp.com.
Latest News Posts
- GeIL reveal ASUS ROG certified EVO X ROG RGB RAM
- Seasonic reveal their PRIME Ultra power supplies
- Noctua to release two AM4-compatible low-profile coolers
- Battlerite to leave Steam's Early Access November 8
- Sharkoon reveal the AI7000 Silent & Glass PC cases
- Intel Core i9-7980XE and i9-7960X CPU Review
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 4K Blu-ray Review
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM