MSI's AM2+ motherboards are completely compatible with AMD AM3 processors
Taipei, Taiwan] Global motherboard and graphics card producer, MSI had already announced its AMD AM2+ series of motherboards could already support the all new AM2+/AM3 Phenom II processors before AMD's new AM3 processors had reached the markets. After purchase, customers only need to update the new BIOS, and don't have purchase any new hardware, should they desire to switch and enjoy either AM2+/AM3 Phenom II processing power. The all new AM3 processor, not only has an even higher frequency and fast L3 cache, it also can support both DDR3 and DDR2 memory. Coupled with an all-new C1E energy saving functionality, this new processor proven to have even greater performance and energy saving capabilities. Additionally, the AM3's advanced architecture also enhances its overclocking prowess to make this processor forward-looking customers' weapon of choice for the future era of performance.
In order to best meet customers expectations about AM3's advancement, MSI not only ensured that its AM2+ motherboard's BIOS could support the latest AM3 CPU, was also the first company to provide its customers with BIOS supporting AM2+/AM3 Phenom II processors solution. This solution allows consumers to make better use of already owned motherboard and enjoy the improved performance of this next generation of processors.
Take full advantage of AM3's capabilities
Of course, in order to enjoy all the AM3 has to offer, it's imperative to pair this processor with DDR3 memory and an AM3 supporting motherboard to make it a true first-choice for gamers. MSI's new AM3 motherboards, 790FX-GD70 and 790GX-G65, equip a variety of overclocking technologies, including MSI-unique OC Dial and MAX FSB, as well as many other unique performance enhancing functions. These two boards make the perfect companion when upgrading to the new AM3 processor, and are not-to-be-missed by customers seeking to make the upgrade to this new level of processing might.
Latest News Posts
- Ethereum mining difficulty reaches lofty new heights
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 10 series pricing to continue rising
- Amnesia dev Chinese Room has 'gone dark'
- Run, don't walk for our 'Walking Dead' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Microsoft, Facebook complete 160Tbps undersea cable
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 4K Blu-ray Review
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM