NVIDIA Names David White, A 30-Year Tech Veteran, As CFO
SANTA CLARA, CA-FEBRUARY 27, 2009-NVIDIA Corporation today announced it has named David White, a 30-year veteran of the technology industry, as executive vice president and chief financial officer (CFO), succeeding Marvin Burkett, whose decision to retire was disclosed in March 2008.
White, 53, whose appointment takes effect immediately, reports directly to Jen-Hsun Huang, NVIDIA's president and chief executive officer.
White previously served for five years as executive vice president and CFO at Sanmina-SCI Corp., a leading electronics contract-manufacturer. Prior to that, he spent seven years as CFO at Asyst Technologies, Inc. and at Candescent Technologies, Inc., and held a variety of senior finance roles at Seagate Technology, Inc.
Burkett has served for more than six years as NVIDIA's CFO and is expected to continue to serve as a senior advisor to the company, assisting in the transition.
"Following an extensive search, we are delighted to have found someone of David's caliber who will build on the world-class organization that Marv has created," Huang said. "I want to thank Marv for his enormous contributions to NVIDIA, which have been instrumental in our success, and am pleased that he will continue to work with us in an advisory capacity."
White holds a bachelor's degree in physics from Brigham Young University and a MBA from the University of Washington.
NVIDIA (Nasdaq: NVDA) is the world leader in visual computing technologies and the inventor of the GPU, a high-performance processor which generates breathtaking, interactive graphics on workstations, personal computers, game consoles, and mobile devices. NVIDIA serves the entertainment and consumer market with its GeForce® products, the professional design and visualization market with its Quadro® products, and the high-performance computing market with its Tesla products. NVIDIA is headquartered in Santa Clara, California and has offices throughout Asia, Europe, and the Americas. For more information, visit https://www.nvidia.com.
Latest News Posts
- GeIL reveal ASUS ROG certified EVO X ROG RGB RAM
- Seasonic reveal their PRIME Ultra power supplies
- Noctua to release two AM4-compatible low-profile coolers
- Battlerite to leave Steam's Early Access November 8
- Sharkoon reveal the AI7000 Silent & Glass PC cases
- Intel Core i9-7980XE and i9-7960X CPU Review
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 4K Blu-ray Review
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM