With nVidia deciding to lift the restrictions on pre-overclocking their latest GeForce 8800 series graphics cards, we knew it wouldn't be long till we saw companies release their special overclocked editions. The first into the TweakTown labs comes from Gainward in the shape of the Golden Sample series.
It's been a while since we have seen anything from Gainward but what a card to come back with - the GeForce 8800GTS is extremely popular around the world thanks to its excellent performance, huge amount of memory and feature list and they've only improved on it by overclocking it from the factory.
Following a very standard review layout, we are going to see just what an overclocked GeForce 8800GTS is capable of when compared to a stock clocked version. We will also see what happens when we place ATI's current top dog, the Radeon X1950XTX, into the mix and see just what kind improvement overall the overclocked Gainward Golden Sample does for us in terms of improvement in overall game play experience.
Let's get started!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Package]
- Page 3 [Card]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark05]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Lost Coast)]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PREY]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Company of Heroes]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Thermaltake reveal the Versa H18 Window Micro case
- GIGABYTE's new X399 Designare EX motherboard looks GREAT
- Need for Speed: Payback teased at 4K on GTX 1080 Ti
- AMD is making a self-driving AI processor for Tesla
- Fortnite has a PUBG-style Battle Royale game mode coming
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- A Look at AMD's Threadripper CPU Hardware Modes
- Plextor M8Se 256GB & 512GB NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- ad240ehdgmbox on m3a785gmh/128m mainboard?
- 8K benched: RX Vega 64 vs. GTX 1080 Ti vs. TITAN Xp SLI
- In Win Launches 'Wood-infused' 305 Mid-Tower PC Chassis
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower